A surgeon is completely useless without proper hand function. After her accident other doctors handled her workload. To my knowledge she hasn't performed any surgeries since the accident....and if you aren't performing surgeries, eventually you won't be able to have your own practice. If you can no longer make a living as a plastic surgeon, perhaps you have to downsize houses as well.

My understanding is that the quality of her work was quite good, but she was a bit of a "type A" and hard to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
Um.... at first I was skeptical about why people were questioning Dr. Mariam Awada, and if she had broken both of her wrists 2 years ago in a bicycling accident... then she must have continued performing surgeries later....

However... read this narrative about the feedback of her patients... it's all over the charts... some patients sound like she was the most gifted plastic surgeon with a wonderful staff... and others are almost apoplectic with contempt for her work and her staff...

http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-rating...HFIELD-MI.html

Not only does this feedback not pass the smell test... but it reeks to high heaven!!

This feedback goes from 1 [[least satisfied) to 5 [[most satisfied).... back and forth... something is really fishy here...