Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
I love Detroit, but the crime and violence is extreme and requires extreme measures. If we have to ask 16 year olds to hang out with mom and dad, then so be it. We have to turn this city around and it won't happen with lax policing.
I agree totally on this one,, I love Detroit also, but a major portion of our youth in this town is way out of hand and the crime is way out of line . We need to get with it . Are there good ones? ofcourse there are, and in this typical scenario, the bad ones makes it tough for the good ones..but , Id rather see us err on the side of safety for the general population than being "tough" on the youth. Many of them have no concept of discipline . So, pick your poison I guess, but if you want this city to be viewed as usable and prosper you better have control of your unruly population,, if not no one will visit and if it gets worse, you will see many, like a 22 yr resident myself , who has stuck it out during very bad times already and invested in it several times , leave.