Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Murphy View Post
    Hi everybody,

I am a french woman. I understand not very well English. But I try to learn. I yet posted on the forum.
    " French woman searches grandfather of Detroit". I would like to go to Detroit when I will speak and understand [[better) English.
    Is really Detroit a dangerous city for the tourist?
    Thank you very much for your answers.

More soon.
    Mary

Quite frankly, Detroit is a very dangerous place. There is a mindset, known in the US as Detroitism, whereby Detroit's problems are denied or treated as local flavor. You can not, I will write that again, you can not come to Detroit and wander around. Period, end of discussion.

If you do go to Detroit you will need to have someone with you who can act as a guide and a "Buddy". I am about to be attacked by almost all the other posters on this board for telling you that. But it is simply irresponsible and unfair to tell anyone, let alone a woman from a foreign country who does not speak English fluently that visiting here is like visiting any other city. It is simply not the truth.

Mary- Detroit est une vrai ville tres dangereuse. C'est pas pour un femme seule. Detroit resemblent beaucoup a la ville Naples en Italia. Mais trop mal.
    Last edited by detmich; April-26-09 at 10:08 AM.