Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
Just look at the meltdown in the computer software industry. Now software is developed in India, while many educated USA computer programmer/analysts are out of work. The software comes into the USA business community with all the speed of the Internet.

There is NO tarrifs or controls or customs checks on software... it just gets here via high speed data networks... un-restricted, un-tarrifed, and un-controlled.

... and people wonder where some of the high paying jobs have gone...
In 1984, I was at COMDEX here in Atlanta. I got a tri-fold marketing piece that was produced by the Indian Government [[still have it) that touted India's commitment to software and high tech. I heard about that time that India had discovered that most Americans considered software development too hard a way to make a living. So, India saw an opportunity and ran with it. They subsidized high tech educations and companies until they began leading the world.

I guess I buck the trend. I've been developing software applications now for 23 years and we have customers in 60 countries. But, I agree that it is a very difficult way to make a living. In 23 years I've never been able to find anyone that would financially back us in projects. So, from time to time, I have considered moving to India.