ElJimbo, I think you are completely right. Given that all the most stable neighborhoods in the city are not located in one central area, any sensible plan would have to account for this fact. Whether these areas were called villages or just neighborhoods is less important than the fact that the city provide services to these areas in better ways than they can now.

To raise another point, I do not think that population density alone should be a consideration. We all have a tendency, I think, to think of dense neighborhoods as more healthy ones. But what about neighborhoods like that in which Cub lives, where has put in so much effort and time to make improvements? His neighborhood would not be among the more densely populated, but there are very good things happening there. In that light, I do not think it would be fair for the city to ask him to move. At the same time, some people will have to be asked to move, in some way or another. I think the city needs a process to navigate these issues, and as I mentioned earlier, this process definitely must include input from various communities.