Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I think I just might be able to make the picnic this year, no cottage trip in the works, no excuses. Possible party of four in my group. As for the edible contribution anyone like sauerkraut and kielbasa? Well, I do so that's what I'm bringing!

I love sauerkraut, qweek! I don't cook it at home because hubby HATES it...even the smell. So this will be a great chance for me to have some!

Kathleen: We just found out about another party we will have to hit later in the day...so will have to leave Belle Isle by about 3pm. But we will be there right at noon with plenty of goodies!

Well alright, see you there. Hope there is a softball game on, willing to play nice!

I will be attending and bringing one guest, my cousin, a D-yes lurker who some of you met before. We haven't figured out what food item we are bringing yet.

george_babbage Guest

I meant to respond earlier, but I won't be able to attend. Hope you all can have a fun time without me,

Confirming that I'll be coming for sure, and will be bringing potato salad. May have anywhere between 0 and 4 guests [[my friends and family are kinda last-minute), but will also bring something for the grill, likely veggie burgers or tempeh/tofu stuff.

I will be attending.
    I will bring snack food, and burger supplies.

Kathleen...I will be bringing a tray of pickles and olives...our grill food and, of course...the sand pail pudding, lest Gistok go through withdrawals

Don and I with be there with my 8 yr old grandson, Lucas. We will also be bringing a cooler and some ice, and a 6-foot table in case we need more food room.

Let me know if you need anything else at the last minute!

BTW...also heard from TheCarl...he is going to try and make it with some of his fantastic brats! Not a "for sure" but he will try.

I expect to make it out for the first time this year. Not sure what I'll bring yet. I'm leaning toward snickerdoodles.

I'm sad to report that our family will not be attending the picnic after all. We will miss everyone but the weather forecast is looking really good for Sunday. Hopefully there will be another gathering before next May!

I think I am bringing pie.

I'm putting my beans to soak tonight.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Sounds like the rain will be clearing out of the area by the time the picnic starts around noon.

See you there!!!

Come one, come all!!!

If you've been thinking about coming to the Picnic and haven't RSVP'd, please feel free to drop by and join us!!! The more, the merrier!! Even if you can stay only for a short time!!!!

Don't let the rain keep you away....

We have two canopies to help keep us dry. Additional canopies would be welcome!!!

The weather forecast for the afternoon is improving!!!

Looks like we should be good to go for most of our picnic with rain moving in after 4pm!!!

See you soon!!!

18. Default

Just left. Great turn out. Good to see so many new and previously-met members. Many thanks to Kathleen and Dave for guiding this wonderful effort!

Hope everything went well. I hope to make it one of these years!

Yes, thanks to Kathleen and Dave for organizing again. Did everybody leave before the storm hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Yes, thanks to Kathleen and Dave for organizing again. Did everybody leave before the storm hit?
    Ditto - Thanks again to Kathleen and Dave for all their hard work.

and Pam, yes, we got done cleaning up just in time - first raindrops hit as I was going by the Tech fest.

Thanks for a great party, folks. Gazhekinini, Gazhekanimosh and I had a wonderful time and loved meeting people and putting faces and names to the DYes handles. Gazhekanimosh is missing Sarge and the softball and all the lovely people who took her for walks. <3 <3 <3.

Did Gistok ever show up?

We enjoyed meeting everyone today very much and look forward to next year. Everyone was so nice!
    Home now drying out the softball, an interesting mixture of dog slobber and mud puddle. Had fun today, thanks for putting it together!

Sorry we missed it, we just got in from Mexico. Will attend next year

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast