Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

[QUOTE=JohnnyFreddy;242246]
    Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post

Well, for one thing, you didn't come right out and say you were black...
    but your comment certainly lead me to believe it was so. I was merely trying to be
    polite. However, your rudeness and prejudice is so blatant, no more need to be
    said than the point I've already made. Spell 'race card' over and over again,
    until you understand it's implications and it's futility in the real world.
    That philosophy will get none of us here in Detroit anywhere, other than
    where we've already been.
    Good luck.
    As if! As if!

No. Sorry but you are wrong. Councilwoman Jenkins should take her vacations during the month of December and August when council is on recess. Or the two weeks during Easter when they also take a recess. Not during budget time. She needs to start doing her job or not run again.

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    When is not a critical time for the City of Detroit nowadays? In the past 30 years for that matter?

She could have picked virtually any time to go on vacation and someone would find a reason to burn her at the stake.

I'm not her biggest fan by any means, but I wish someone would take an even-handed approach towards these people - who are JUST PEOPLE.

I know we are used to having idiots on council, even a majority of idiots, or a couple really loud idiots, but they are mostly decent people this time around. I suspect race has a lot to do with it. Franky, suburban councils can be just as insane if not worse in their behavior but they don't get the press because they're not in big cities.

And no, I don't like Charles Pugh or JoAnn Watson. I think they're a couple who need to be watched closely and deserve ample criticism. However I feel like Saunteel Jenkins could jaywalk and people here would be screaming for her imprisonment.

Good G-d, don't you people take vacations? I'm taking one next month to the Carolinas. Thanks G-d I'm not on Council.
    3 points:

[[1)Based on the recent census data, you aren't in a big city either!

[[2)Racism in a city whose population is over 80% black? Who exactly are the racists are who are the victims? But hey, when all else fails, yell racism!

[[3) As others here have pointed out, vacations can be scheduled so as not to interfere with conducting business. My partner is a college professor - guess what? We don't take our vacations when class is in session. There are plenty of opportunities for members of council to take a vacation and not have it interfere with conducting city business.

Quote Originally Posted by DetLiving View Post
    No. Sorry but you are wrong. Councilwoman Jenkins should take her vacations during the month of December and August when council is on recess. Or the two weeks during Easter when they also take a recess. Not during budget time. She needs to start doing her job or not run again.
    Agreed. Council people make good money and should be responsible for showing up to work on time every time. Just like is expected of you, I and others for our jobs. We must look at our schedules and determine when our employers, contracts and our responsibilities allow us to take time off. Budget time is most critical. Councilpersons have an implied contract with the citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post
    3 points:

[[1)Based on the recent census data, you aren't in a big city either!

[[2)Racism in a city whose population is over 80% black? Who exactly are the racists are who are the victims? But hey, when all else fails, yell racism!
    [/B].
    Unless I'm MISUNDERESTIMATING you, okay, misunderstanding you, I take exception to [[2). We must ask how the population became over 80% Black to assist in determining who are the racists and who are the victims? Or, to put it more accurately, "How in the hell did we get here"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2