Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Be careful comparing the Dutch capital to Detroit. [[Window-) prostitution might then be legalized but up to a certain point. Everything is being done here to prevent people traficking and exploitation. Legal prostitutes do pay their taxes. Pot is semi-legal. Only a small ammount for personal use is permitted.

I guess this link is useful.

Most policymakers in the Netherlands believe that if a problem has proved to be unsolvable, it is better to try controlling it and reducing harm instead of continuing to enforce laws with mixed results. By contrast, most other countries take the point of view that recreational drug use is detrimental to society and must therefore be outlawed. This has caused friction between the Netherlands and other countries about the policy for cannabis, most notably with France and Germany. As of 2004, Belgium seems to be moving toward the Dutch model and a few local German legislators are calling for experiments based on the Dutch model. Switzerland has had long and heated parliamentary debates about whether to follow the Dutch model on cannabis, most recently deciding against it in 2004; currently a ballot initiative is in the works on the question. In the last few years certain strains of cannabis with higher concentrations of THC and drug tourism have challenged the current policy

While the legalization of cannabis remains controversial, the introduction of heroin-assisted treatment in 1998 has been lauded for considerably improving the health and social situation of opiate-dependent patients in the Netherlands.[3] In 2010 research shows that the "heroin-junkies" have disappeared from the streets of the Netherlands and the treatment is upgraded from a test-trial to standard treatment for otherwise untreatable addicts. Also, the number of heroin addicts has dropped by more than 30% since 1983.
    And we wonder why nobody listening to us and learning from us.... Oh, heaven forbid!! This is a social program!!! You do see junkies now and then but they are no nuisance. I fact, sometimes you get the most amazing stories talking to them!

I belong to the majority of Dutch citizens that never smoked pot, I never smoked anything at all.

Traffic signs, in this case banning smoking canabis and drinking alcohol in public [[with te exception of terraces..

To Detroit I would say; Don't do it. It will attract all the wrong people into the city. there is not a large enough police force that can handle this.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; April-26-11 at 04:31 PM.