Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I'm bumping this up for some more research. We did find my grandparents and great grandmother are buried in Evergreen on Woodward. We got all the gravesite information and spent and afternoon poking around. Funny, once there we could not make head nor tails of the directions we were given. I am going to head over tomorrow if they are open and see if someone can help me. The directions seem very clear, but once you get there, there seems to be no consistent way things are placed. We got Lot 13, Range 8, Grave 6. Could not find any lot 13, so we worked with Section 13, which was not where the woman told me to go, two Sections behind the Mausoleum on the Right. Now, what is Range 8? We decided it must be the Row number, but from the Eastern marker, or the Western Marker? Now Grave 8, did they count from the road or the fence? To top it all off, it appears none of our graves is marked, which I believe my mother told me all those years ago. We need help! We put flowers where we thought my Grandpa and Grandma were. I will see if we were close.

Editing to add: We were not close. We were probably 20 rows off for both of them.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; August-14-17 at 04:50 PM.