Quote Originally Posted by christos View Post
I forgot about that part! Good point- when all else failed and we couldn't find or order a book a customer wanted, we directed them to "borders.com" which was basically an amazon skin. BInc got a cut, but BNN did a better job of adapting.

As for Radio Shack- I think they are a great example of a store that adapts with the times. I spend some money there still because their prices are reasonable, they carry an interesting line of goods, and they have great locations.
Hey christos-- Borders has been raked over the coals for its bad decisions, and probably fairly so, but I was wondering about your take on their perceived flub with a Kindle like device. It seems like years ago there was some Sony reader out there that Borders tried to push-- Now compared to todays offerings the thing was clunky and probably only like half the features, but getting 'raked' for missing the boat on a ereader format seems a little unfair. I feel it was more of a 'jumping the gun' moment for them regarding kindle-like technologies, rather than being a 'Johnny-come-lately' as most of the media portrays them on this issue in particular.... Since you were an insider, I was wondering your take on this.