Quote Originally Posted by runnerXT View Post
i totally understand and agree with you.

I just want you to look at the flip side of things.

The top 10% of America earn about 50% of the income or something like that. The remaining 90% really have nothing. Take that last 50% of income and divide by the remaining 90% of the working population left. You will find an average income of just over $20,000 with barely any benefits. I think this is where a lot of the assualt of Union government jobs comes from. We have so much less.

I work in the service industry. No healcare, no sick days and certainly no pensions. Take $9.00/hour and multiply that by 32. Anything over 32 is fulltime with benefits so no one gets over 32 hours/week.

Take $9.00/hour in the service industry and multiply it by 32 hours per week. That is $288 per week before taxes. After taxes you are left with $201. Try living off that! A car, food, rent all that before healthcare and saving for retirement.

In the service industry you deal with people all day. So we get sick like you dealing with people all day. Actually at my fabulous job we are not allowed to call in sick. No that doesn't just mean we don't get paid we are not allowed to call in sick. We need to find a replacement worker, a co-worker who can cover. If not our job is in jeapordy. Ever wake up with the flu, food poisoning? Got to work anyway.

So while America is in a race to the bottom, must give the top 10% it all as they create jobs - ha!, the remaining 90% are done. I think people that work at Walmart, etc. look with envy at goverment jobs and don't understand your feelings.

Like I said I do agree with you, just letting you know the other side.
That was was a great synopsis...thats what the union people refuse to hear...the rest of us struggle to get by ...I deal with the same job issues you everyday as well, our voice gets drowned by the union members who are supposedly fighting to kepp our wages from going down further? all they care about is whats in it for them