Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default 2023 Detroit Lions

With all the upbeat hype news the Lions have sold out their season tickets for first time in quite a while.

Why does this image come to my Lion's fans mind?
    Name:  CharlieBrownLucyFootball.jpg
Views: 4242
Size:  36.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    With all the upbeat hype news the Lions have sold out their season tickets for first time in quite a while.

Why does this image come to my Lion's fans mind?
    I'm not familiar with that particular cartoon episode. But I'm making the leap of faith to believe the Lions 2023 season will be better than 2022.

For history buffs, here's more about the Lions' sad fate after November 22, 1963, known to locals as the dog adoption.

[[8) Today at Lions training camp: Dog Adoption! : detroitlions [[reddit.com)

Because the possibility exists that we'll be seeing the same old Lions. I really hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by garyalex View Post
    Because the possibility exists that we'll be seeing the same old Lions. I really hope not.
    IMHO they are improving under the new regime, but I'm not one who thinks they're going to Superbowl LVIII.

Looks like they're going to sign Teddy Bridgewater. I think it's a great move - if Goff goes down and Hooker isn't ready it's Armageddon.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Looks like they're going to sign Teddy Bridgewater. I think it's a great move - if Goff goes down and Hooker isn't ready it's Armageddon.
    Injuries always play a role in season outcomes.

Default 2023 2024 Detroit Lions

Are you ready for some football. Detroit Lions are back in action. Since their last season ended in 9-8, so close to the wild card game, Coach Campbell is confident enough to life his team spirit to get the Lions into the playoffs and somehow break the Bobby Layne Curse.

2023-2024 Lions.

PRESEASON RESULTS

That's alright comeback cats!

LIONS 21
    GIANTS 16

1-0

Sudfeld needs some work in the QB cue passes. The rookie offenses finally warmed up at the end.

IMO;

- Sudfeld needs a pink slip, yesterday.

- Jamo will end-up just like Titus Young, Charles Rogers.

- Benito Jones not getting enough recognition.

- Maurice Alexander needs to make the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    IMO;...Jamo will end-up just like Titus Young, Charles Rogers.
    Agreed, he doesn't look like a keeper, but he'll enjoy a comfortable early retirement. Lions' biggest mistake during the Holmes-Campbell regime?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Agreed, he doesn't look like a keeper, but he'll enjoy a comfortable early retirement. Lions' biggest mistake during the Holmes-Campbell regime?
    If he is smart and takes care of his money he'll be set for life. That's a big if.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    IMO;

- Sudfeld needs a pink slip, yesterday.

- Jamo will end-up just like Titus Young, Charles Rogers.

- Benito Jones not getting enough recognition.

- Maurice Alexander needs to make the roster.

So you're giving up on Jamo already? I mean he's how old? That's a huge statement to make saying he's going to end up like Young or Rogers.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; August-14-23 at 09:22 AM.

I wish fans would give him a break, otherwise he's not going to want to be here at all. He's so fast, he has the potential to be a special player. I think he has a lot of maturing to do, but the fact is not every player comes in with the tools and fortune to hit the ground running on day one. Young guys need consistency, and nothing about his professional career has been consistent so far. Yes, some of that is of his own making, but did we all make the best decisions when we were 21-22 years old? Me and my buddies made plenty of errors in judgment back in those days, but were lucky enough not to be under the public microscope at that age.

I hope fans find it in themselves to stand behind him, and support him. Holmes and Campbell have earned the benefit of the doubt that they have an eye for talent, so I personally can't wait to see what he can do once he finally has a chance to settle in and play.

It would be something to see the Lions logo displayed on the giant LED screen on top of the RenCen if the Lions win the Superbowl. I know GM and Ford are rivals but they could come together for the celebration on an event that hasn't happened in nearly 70 years

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    It would be something to see the Lions logo displayed on the giant LED screen on top of the RenCen if the Lions win the Superbowl. I know GM and Ford are rivals but they could come together for the celebration on an event that hasn't happened in nearly 70 years
    Kind of jumping the gun a bit there. There's about 8-9 teams favored ahead of the Lions, some by a wide margin.

That's better than the 30-31 teams favored ahead of them, which is what we've been used to for far too long!

Hype will meet reality in the the Lions' first game--playing the Super Bowl champ on other side's home opener. Pull off that upset and the hype volume will be deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Hype will meet reality in the the Lions' first game--playing the Super Bowl champ on other side's home opener. Pull off that upset and the hype volume will be deafening.
    Win or lose that is going to be a fun night. 50% of me thinks the pressure is all on the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Win or lose that is going to be a fun night. 50% of me thinks the pressure is all on the Chiefs.
    It always depends how they lose. If they get smoked in the first half and collapse…not so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    It always depends how they lose. If they get smoked in the first half and collapse…not so much fun.
    Still keeping your seat on the SOL train?

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Still keeping your seat on the SOL train?
    Naw. Just keeping things real. National TV NFL opener against the Super Bowl champion Chiefs at Arrowhead is going to be a big mountain to climb for Lions. I will just sip this cool aid for a bit in September…

Same ole' Lions

JAGUARS 25
    LIONS 7

1-1

QB prospect T.Bridgewater to JAX 37 for -6 yards [[J.Ledbetter). FUMBLED!

[[Shotgun) N.Sudfeld pass deep middle intended for C.Cota INTERCEPTED by G.Junior at JAX 44. G.Junior ran ob at DET 19 for 37 yards.

Touchdown Jaguars
    [[13:44) [[Shotgun) D.Johnson left end for 15 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

That's 3 TD's from Jags while the Lions defense SUCKS!

Let's get a another win soon before the Bobby Layne Curse kicks in.

Feeling confident Campbell!

Next year let's make it a special preseason football game.

DETROIT LIONS VS. MICHIGAN PANTHERS

Sound like a great ideal.

IMO;

- John Cominsky gets the "Gold Star"

- Teddy Bridgewater gets a "Pass"

- Sudfeld, immediate [[yesterday) bus ticket home w/no USFL or XFL invite

- Offense: 2nd & 3rd string requires vast improvement [[Aug 29th+)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast