I kind of saw Massey Cadillac was preparing to close the dealership on Grand River last year, though some on the forum thought otherwise...
My brother & I drove by there end of December, joked that even if they parallel parked the last 6 cars in the lot facing Grand River, it would still look empty. I walked through the waiting room/showroom to see if it was still in business about Dec 28, by the end of the week, there was no more cars parked at the old drive-in [[Geiger's building)on Grand River. At that time, I could see there was 2-3 mechanics working and about 2-3 customers sitting in the waiting room. I wonder if they suspected the place would soon close up.
Yes, that dealership was really nice when built, mid 60's- as Klett Cadillac, with the revolving showroom. As years passed, they quit turning on the turntable- either too costly to run or maintain, probably.
After Dreisbach bought the grocery store on 7 Mile, they turned that building into their new car showroom.
R/E the state police post- there was a flag pole at the corner with a plaque dedicated to the D.U.R. employees lost in WW1. When the gas station bought the property, they put up a Mobil Oil sign on that flagpole where the plaque used to be.