Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Good info on them dealers,including more on Plymouth. Seems like the dealers there move out of the central business area like all the dealers moved out of Detroit. This old car dealers thread has got me thinking that I need a digital camera.
    After driving around again today I noticed that Canton has only "import" car dealers, yet the only Indian motorcycle dealer around that I know of.
    Kelel Dodge on Grand River I belive turned into West Star Dodge then moved to Telegraph and became Bruce Campbell Dodge. Got to go tire kickin with my Uncle back in the early 80's. My Uncles car buying habit is to buy the first year of a new model. So there we are at Kelel Dodge back in 83/84 and there is the new Daytona sitting out there. Were checking it out then we leave. Go back home, Well Grandpa needs to get groceries. Get in the Impala head down 7mi, Uncle stops at Stark Hickey looks at the T-Birds, I wander over to the Mustangs. Saying buy ME THIS CAR, Grandpa says get a drivers licence first,Get back in the car go up Grand River to Great Scotts get the groceries go home, drop Grandpa and the groceries off. Uncle says lets go for a ride, End up at 12/Telegraph Cini -Lopez Dodge? look at Daytonas, Back in the car and down to Grand River again. Go north till we get to GR/ Orchard Lake stop at Romanos Pizza place the order, go across to Town &Country Dodge. Look at Daytonas. Back across the street get the pizza head home. But wait there is Farmington Hills C-P just pass Middlebelt. Stop there look at a Plymouth Laser. Get back in the car head home.I ask why we didn't stop at Dexter Chevy, Uncle says "We got a Chevy". This plays out every weekend and every day I spend at my Grandparents till Sept of 1984. Go to Grandparents and in the garage is a black 84 Dodge Daytona. Bought from none other then John Colone C-P-D in Pinkney.

I remembered this morning, the subsequent dealer to Berry Pontiac in Plymouth was Bruce Craig Pontiac.

Remembered a Town & Country Dodge story just now.

At 19, I was test drove a used car from them, a '70 Dodge Polara. White in color.No markings or lights,except that the comedians at the dealership left the rectangular "RADAR" decals on the front fenders.
    Ex Farmington P.D. car. All I'm going to admit to is that while testing it out on old I-96, cars exceeding the speed limit would very quickly slow to the posted limit. Probably didn't help to pace myself alongside them also so the "offender" would look out his side window and see the "RADAR" there!

Didn't buy it though, two year old Dodge, 900 bucks, [[lot of money in '71 though), A/C inoperative, shot tires, and worse, NO RADIO! How could I listen to WABX?

Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead View Post
    I remembered this morning, the subsequent dealer to Berry Pontiac in Plymouth was Bruce Craig Pontiac.

Remembered a Town & Country Dodge story just now.

At 19, I was test drove a used car from them, a '70 Dodge Polara. White in color.No markings or lights,except that the comedians at the dealership left the rectangular "RADAR" decals on the front fenders.
    Ex Farmington P.D. car. All I'm going to admit to is that while testing it out on old I-96, cars exceeding the speed limit would very quickly slow to the posted limit. Probably didn't help to pace myself alongside them also so the "offender" would look out his side window and see the "RADAR" there!

Didn't buy it though, two year old Dodge, 900 bucks, [[lot of money in '71 though), A/C inoperative, shot tires, and worse, NO RADIO! How could I listen to WABX?
    Were you a WABX Air Ace ??? Still have my air aces T-shirt.