With summer coming soon you may have the chance to see the owner of National Machined Engine wearing some of the fashions he sells in the "STORE". I have seen him washing a motorhome wearing a bikini top [[complete with inflated rack) and a little tennis skirt. I was sent there once by a friend to look for part of a gasket set and saw the owner up close. Never again.

Ray Tessier operated the Pontiac and GMC dealership in Southgate. My inlaws bought their 86 Gran Prix there

Another building on Fort Street in Southgate housed 3 different dealerships over the years. Walt Hickey Ford, remember his picture as the "Mayor of Hickeytown". had the building 1st. My aunt purchased her new 64 Ford Galaxie there. I saw my first Shelby Cobra there. It later moved further south on Fort next to the old Southgate MJR theater. Walt Oben took it over as Southgate Ford. Southgate Ford moved across the street to its new location and the Fort George Drive-in, MJR theater and the old dealership were torn down. The Meijer store is there now. It was followed by Dick Genthe Chevrolet. A buddy bought a 69 SS396 Nova there. He stayed until his new dealership was built on Eureka near Dix. Finally it was Hileman Motors. They sold Honda motorcycles. It was torn down and a phamacy built. It is a Family Dollar store now.