alangbr..
Well you got some of it right.. I am one of the sons of John one of the origional brothers. Thier origional store was on Michigan avenue just east of Lonyo. Thier body shop was about a block further east across the street from the showroom.. In 53 they moved to a larger facility on Michigan and Martin which was Jerry Beilfields old place when he moved to Michigan and Lonyo.. In 1957 we had a Desoto Plymouth dealership in West Dearborn. The showroom was right across the street from the Stanford Chevrolet store. We had it only the one year and did quite well.. My folks were approached by Ford and they bought that building from us and put in [[Guess What?) Edsel.. Thast store eventually became Les Stanfords Corvette building.
We also had Packard and Mercedes Benz with the Studebaker Franchise.Thery were part of Studebaker from 55. We also added a American Motors Franchise in the Old Armstrong Buick Store which was right next door. We dropped Studebaker in 63 when the production left the US. That meant we also had toi give up the Mercedes Line.. We could have kept them but would have had to become exclusive. You simply couldn't sell enough Mercedes in our part of Detroit to make a living in those days so we let it go. IT was then we became Dodge Dealers.
After a fire in the 66 67 range the building was greatly damaged.. It reopened but was significantly smaller and we felt we had to move. We moved further down Michigan Avenue west of Lonyo just across the side street from Beilfield. The dealership stayed open till 79. When it closed it was the last Dodge Dealer left within the city limits of Detroit! Tough times even then in the motor city!
Ron Husak

Quote Originally Posted by alangbr View Post
Husak was at Michigan and Martin. I can remember them as a Studebaker dealer then a Dodge dealer. I know in the mis 60's they were a Dodge dealer.