Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Fulton Chevy on Gratiot? No, Funston Chevy, Gratiot near Houston-Whittier. Also VerHoven Chevy, McNichols and VanDyke, Merollis Chevy on Gratiot and 8 1/2 Mile, and Stark Hickey Ford on Gratiot near 10 Mile. Earl Orr's Hodges Dodges, home of the Ramchargers on Woodward [[9 Mile, 10 Mile, not sure).

Les Stanford, the Corvette King on Michigan Avenue, still advertises monthly in the Dupont Registry.

And then the commercials: Roy O'Brien for sure but also:
    "Coon Brothers, Plymouth Road and Telegraph."
    "Get it at Leo Leo Leo Aaadler."
    Allan Ford and "Here dog, c'mon dog, me and dog go down Telegraph Road, get a good deal, right now." Classics.

[QUOTE= Merollis Chevy on Gratiot and 8 1/2 Mile, Earl Orr's Hodges Dodges, home of the Ramchargers on Woodward [[9 Mile, 10 Mile, not sure).[/QUOTE]

Still buy my cars from Gene's nephew Carl over at Sellers in Farmington Hills. Gene was also a member of Western Golf &C.C. along with Howard Rigg, Louis Emmert, Pat Milliken, Don Barrett[[Rollie Barrett Chrysler-Plymouth,Walter Beglinger[[Beglinger Oldsmobile)and Earl Vivier [[Vivier Oldsmobile) I worked with Earl Orr when I sold cars in Dearborn. Earl's last gig selling cars was at Westborn Chrysler at Michigan and Outer Drive. His son Jim was the G.M. at the time. Earl always reminded me of Groucho Marx. And as I stir my memory, Emmert was on both sides of Vaughan with a physical address of 20000 Grand river
    Last edited by jfk; December-27-18 at 09:03 AM.