Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default In need of linoleum tiles for art project.

Im looking to start a new project using linoleum tiles but cant find any at home Depot or Lowes. They stopped carrying them and only have vinyl. Colors are not to important. I can spend a few bucks if you have any old ones lying around. PM me if you can help. Thanks all.

BUMP.

Still looking for old skool linoleum tiles. I believe they are all 9"X9" instead of 12X12.

Looking for colors. I have some grey tiles lined up but need to get some bright color to offset the grey.

Someone out there must have some laying around in their garage or basement.

As I understand if you look at the thin side of the tile linoleum tiles colors run all the way through from top to bottom where as vinyl color is all at the top of the tile.

I can trade or pay.

Maybe we are having trouble defining 'linoleum.' I have a few black with white tiles but I think they are asbestos, post-linoleum.

I bet there is a lot of good old linoleum under who knows what all kind of tile or sheet vinyl in older homes in Detroit. Have you tried salvage shops? Does your project require the tiles to be unbroken and with few worn spots?

I also found Deb's Linoleum and Carpet in Detroit, maybe it would be worth while to give them a call: 4015 West Vernor Highway Detroit, MI 48209‎ [[313) 554-3522

http://goo.gl/maps/bG41B Cool looking place Google street view

Here is the wiki definition of linoleum: Linoleum [[informally abbreviated to lino) is a floor covering made from renewable materials such as solidified linseed oil [[linoxyn), pine rosin, ground cork dust, wood flour, and mineral fillers such ascalcium carbonate, most commonly on a burlap or canvas backing; pigments are often added to the materials.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; September-25-12 at 03:05 PM.

Please check your inbox Gazhekwe.