Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Long time lurker, first time poster I am so glad somebody posted something on Twin Pines, I have been looking for info on Twin Pines for a while without much luck. My Father & Grandfather were both milkmen with twin Pines. My Grandfather was one of the original 12 they called them. He was one of the first Twin Pines milkmen when they started. His name was on a plaque at the main offices on the westside, he retired from Twin Pines in 1968. My father started as a jumper when he was 16 years old in 1947, later he became a swingman who would pull peoples routes when they went on vacation and such. He finally bought his own route in the early 60's wich was Gross Pointe Woods & Harper Woods. I am sure there are a few people on this site who might remember [[ Nick the milkman ) He sold his route in 1980 when things got really bad. I have many fond memories of going to the creamery on Outer Drive & Van Dyke at 4:30 A.M., getting caught moving the truck back and forth at age 12, going to the Twin Pines picnic @ Kings Animal Land out at Gratiot & 32 Mile. MUDDPIT I believe your dad and mine knew each other very well. I had been hoping to meet other people who grew up with similar memories. I also remember taking my dads truck for repair at Eastland Truck Sales on Groesbeck, it was backed up to the Divco factory that was on Hoover. They used to have 100's of junk trucks for parts and while my dad was dealing with the repairs I would run from truck to truck to truck pretending to drive. Yes I have alot of fond memories of Twin Pines & Divco trucks

Bommer,
    Welcome,
    Long time lurker status revoked, One of the gang status initiated!
    Thats the trouble with this site, at some point something comes up that you just want to be a part of!

I wish I had more [[or anything) to offer on this topic, but I have no stories or fun memories of playing in the trucks? But hey, at least I got to be the first to welcome you in!

Ragtoplover59
    Thank You for the welcome.
    In one of your previous posts you asked about the difference in trucks. Yes there were different models. My Dads first truck was the smaller one like in the older pictures. He bought a new truck in 1970 wich was longer and had dual wheels in the back. He had 2 routes, Gross Pointe Woods & Harper Woods wich were both large routes, He needed the bigger truck because back then it seemed everyone got milk delivered

Hello !!! Anybody out there have any more info on Twin Pines. Any info would be greatly appreciated, that might lead me to some other sources. Thanks in advance.

Bommer,
    Check out Nick Tisch's restored Twin Pines truck at Autorama this month. His brother Gary has a large collection of Twin Pines memorabilia, and the brothers love to talk Twin Pines.

Default Twin Pines

There was a Twin Pines milkman who lived on Berkshire and Beaconsfield. His name was Bussang. His daughter was a nice looking nurse who had red hair. This was in the late 60's.

I saw the Pointe Dairy Divco driving around Troy two weeks ago.
    The driver told me Pointe Dairy hopes to have ready for display
    and promotions soon.

Just happened to run across this when I was looking for something else. Sort of a, everything Divco.

http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/Divco/

Here are some pictures of Twin Pines advertising.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jagoike/TwinPines#

Here is a new one . A Ford Econoline with a Divco front end on E-bay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...EF:MOTORS:1123

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4