Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I'm almost sure this was the truck i saw parked in the former Wild Woody's on Gratiot last summer and couldn't turn fast enough into the parking lot to check it out. Even my 15 year old son thought it was cool.

Does it look like this?

Maof,
    There are only two restored Twin Pines trucks. One is Nick's and the other is in a museum in Port Huron.

When I was growing up in the '60s and '70s I lived in the I-94 and Cadieux area and we had a milk chute and home delivery from Twin Pines. And before Twin Pines, I even remember we had home delivery from Sealtest. We got not only milk, but half-and-half and butter and perhaps other products as well, in these deliveries.

I believe the Twin Pines warehouse was located on Outer Drive near Lappin. Just about immediately east of the curve between the Polish Century Club and Holy Cross Hospital.

Lorax Guest

We had regular deliveries of Twin Pines and Sealtest products in Grosse Pointe in the 60's. When you think back how times have changed, I really think we had a better sense of community with local products, which employed local people, and benefitted businesses based locally.

This is the real secret behind getting back to a default position in the way we think of community, when we know the choices we make have local impact.

Thinking about it, we really had more retail choices, and better quality ones until the "one global economy" took over.

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    When I was growing up in the '60s and '70s I lived in the I-94 and Cadieux area and we had a milk chute and home delivery from Twin Pines. And before Twin Pines, I even remember we had home delivery from Sealtest. We got not only milk, but half-and-half and butter and perhaps other products as well, in these deliveries.

I believe the Twin Pines warehouse was located on Outer Drive near Lappin. Just about immediately east of the curve between the Polish Century Club and Holy Cross Hospital.
    Yep! We had a milk chute, too, at I-94 and Moross. When my parents moved to Warren, they had Twin Pines there, too. The milkman's name was George and he'd have to ring the bell; no milk chutes in Warren! He was our milkman for 18 years.

We also went to the dairy once, with my Girl Scout Troop. Though I don't know if that would be the location you mentioned. I was born at Holy Cross, and I'm sure my mom would have mentioned that we were near there.

Good times, people!

Pointe Dairy has a Divco truck.

http://www.pointedairy.com/photos.htm

Them Divcos are pretty neat.This has got me thinking