Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    thanks for the review downtownguy.....you live in one of them lofts by anychance?
    I'm in Lafayette Park now, but I was one of the first tenants in Trolley Plaza, now Washington Square, when it opened in 1981. I have to say, there's a bit of hyperbole in the Detroit News article. Eve's has promise, but it may be a stretch to call it a grocery store, certainly not like a Farmer Jack which the article refers to. It's a very small store that appears to want to be a bit more eclectic than the half a dozen or so other small markets downtown. Nobody has starved downtown for lack of markets. Besides the small places, within a couple of miles of the CBD are Harbortown, Honey Bee and, what's that other one? Oh, yeah, Eastern Market. Heck, even CVS--if you shop on sale and use the CVS card--has some pretty good basics. I just enjoyed 2 half-gallons of Stroh's/Sanders Bumpy Cake Ice Cream from CVS at 2 for the price of one a couple of weeks ago. And, really, if you can get your Bumpy Cake, what else do you need?
    Last edited by downtownguy; April-01-11 at 07:10 AM.

I think this store could be referred to as a bodega. Like the small grocers you see in all thriving cities,

Stromberg2

downtownguy, i live in lafayette park district too. Parc Lafayette Condominium next to the dequindre cut...we probably ran into each other..

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    downtownguy, i live in lafayette park district too. Parc Lafayette Condominium next to the dequindre cut...we probably ran into each other..
    Where could I get info on Parck Lafayette pertaining to leasing or buying a coop. I had been going to the office for a month only to find out that it is closed after 4pm.There appear to be many vacancies

Yes it is akward...I believe each co/op is its own entity, individual owners. Lucky to known the owner of my place here. I would open my house to whomever wants a tour. Its a great location, safe, clean, dog-friendly neighbors and pretty diverse. Theres for lease sign on some windows with different developers information. I will walk through and find a couple of them with contact information.

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Parc Lafayette, called Regency Square when it was built [[Green & Savin, 1966), was home to Stevie Wonder in the early days of his success at Motown Records. Also, at least one member of the songwriting team of Holland, Dozier, & Holland lived there.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Where could I get info on Parck Lafayette pertaining to leasing or buying a coop. I had been going to the office for a month only to find out that it is closed after 4pm.There appear to be many vacancies
    Sorry for going off-topic, but there are several real estate agents that specialize in downtown residential, and specifically in the Lafayette Park area. Vasileff Realty is one, but there are others. I suggest you get a copy of the free weekly Downtown Monitor and check out the real estate section to see who is listing properties in Parc Lafayette and the greater Lafayette Park area and give them a call.

Ok cool, several of my friends are trying to move in the area but werent able to give them efficient information. I actually never knew how to get more information and also seeing the area demographic population grow and diversify quickly. Theres actually been alot of interest and potential resident Ive seen looking around. Thanx for that Downtownguy..

I've been looking all over for info on Parc Lafayette. I'm interested in a property there. Any chance you'd be willing to answer some questions about living there?

Did that place used to be the Old Trolley Market, home of the Wall of Thieves! I have been to that market before. I believe Eve's Market have been re-opened before. This is their grand re-opening.

YOBS should have open their gourmet grocery store there.

You're reading a three-year old thread, Danny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2