New thread opening here. I started filming random stretches of roads and motorways, purely for your enjoyment. I hope you like this.

The topic opener is a double bill of the Afsluitdijk, or in English the Enclosure dam [[cause technically it's not a dike which protects land but merely devides two bodies of water. The salt Wadden sea and the freshwater IJssel lake.) This is a crossing from west to east. The dam itself is 32 kilometers long, so about 20 miles.

Bing maps.

Wikipedia.

This is the entrance to of the western side of the Afsluitdijk in the A7 motorway. After crossing the double swing bridge we you enter the Stevin sluizen [[sluices), a drain for the IJssel lake onto the Wadden sea. The A7 in this part is the only stretch of motorway where 130km/h is permitted, apart from the sluices crossing where 70km/h is permitted.

The second video is the exit on the other end of the dam. First we enter the Lorentz sluices before crossing a double swing bridge. On the right you can see the WWII casemates which in the early days of the war made some stiff resisance against the German forces. They only had to give themselves up after the bombardment of the city of Rotterdam after which the government signed the surrender. Today the fortress is a museum.

Now I hope to make much more clips like these. There are already two on the waiting list. I hope to see feedback from you. Enjoy!