Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I have seen some old photos of swimmers on the beach at Belle Isle [[Shorpy I believe) and if I remember correctly there were hundred of people in the water going all the way out to neck deep, the picture was probably from the teens or early 20's, now multiply that by every day of the summer over a period of several decades and believe me there are still many targets in the water and the water is where you want to search. With the right equipment and skill a detectorist could pull quite a bit from that old beach. I detected out in Hawaii for about 14 years when I lived out there [[found scores of rings and things). tourists had been frolicking those beaches for over 100 years and I found rings as old as from the teens to something that was lost the day before...it just takes patience for every ring you find you have to go through 40-50 pieces of junk and pennies. would love to MD on that old beach in Belle Isle though!

Found it here it is, gotta love shorpy!Name:  belle isle beach.jpg
Views: 2982
Size:  9.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    Good Lord! Fantastic shot!