Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The site will remain a gravel lot until the econony improves.I was involved with the last developer who was going to tear it down and replace it with a La Fitness until the bubble burst.The moldy smell mentioned above was due to standing water in the eastern most part of the building.I was last in there in October of 2009 and snapped some pics of the original light fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by surenowinlife View Post
    The site will remain a gravel lot until the econony improves.I was involved with the last developer who was going to tear it down and replace it with a La Fitness until the bubble burst.The moldy smell mentioned above was due to standing water in the eastern most part of the building.I was last in there in October of 2009 and snapped some pics of the original light fixtures.
    That's to bad. They have planet fitness in that strip now as well so the LA Fitness idea is definitely a no go. I always thought it would have been cool to make it into a bar or club type place and try to keep as much of the original structure in place, but obviously that would have been a costly and daunting task.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I wonder if there will be any Movie Theaters anywhere in 10 years. With organizations like Netflix and gadgets like ROKU we can sit in the comfort of our home and watch any movie we want. No gas money; relatively cheap eats, no battling the elements, timed to suit out schedule, we can stop it while we go to the john, and no need to sit through a crap movie because we've payed for it. With a combination of Neflix/ROKU we can watch movies all day for $10 per month. Who needs Movie Theaters? I'm glad I don't have any money invested in them.
    While this has had an impact on general box office revenues, I don't see them going away. Until we can have 30-50' screens in our house with 20 or more high end speakers, the theater is still the best place to watch a movie. Devices like the ROKU would have a greater impact on TV and even more on cable companies if they get more content.

They have finished tearing down this great 1960's gem......................................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2