DPS in my opinion didn't downsize when they should have.Not to mention the errors of judgement made by the folks in the board office.Therefore they ended up with Mr Bobb appointed by Gov Grandholm. And that story is still being played out.
As a Union school district employee, I don't fear for my job anymore as I know it's days are numbered. I do know that from what I have seen in the 10 years I have worked at the schools is alot of B.S..But I do listen when people speak. As for privatized custodial services, A third party said things just walk away. And a retired teacher who subbed in a charter school said she didn't think that that school should get away with what they were doing.
I might go out on the limb here saying this But charter schools are nothing but a racket.And for those who say "Hell any flunky can clean a school" Well I myself am not a flunky. I am familiar to the building, teachers, students, and their families.
I do not understand the fact that our elected officials say Yes to Schools yet hold funding over our heads.I myself being a parent almost became a parent of a charter school student, Yet she never graduated when she went back to public school..
I do think that there should be some common sense in the whole process of school funding Something that won't happen in the near future as I see it. The blame game will continue. And most likely the kids will suffer.