Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Why are gasoline prices increasing while a Canadian oil glut at Cushing could last two years?
    U.S. Consumers Have Big Banks to Blame for High Gas Prices

Uh oh.

Quote Originally Posted by devman1983 View Post
    When people enter the left lane to do a michigan U, why do so many of them veer into the right lane suddenly before making the turn?
    On a related note - why do people insist on going into the michigan left right across the street from where they are going when there is no light? It is almost always faster [[at least during high traffic times) to go down to the next one and ease your way across traffic rather than to hope 4 lanes of woodward become open at once

Hmm ....... I wonder if I should camp here?
    Attachment 9268

I wonder if this will be included among the Civil War enactments.
    "During the Civil War, Southern Home Guard units sometimes lynched white Southerners whom they suspected of being Unionists or deserters. One example of this was the hanging of Methodist minister Bill Sketoe in the southern Alabama town of Newton in December 1864."

"“There are nearly twice as many people working for the government [[22.5 million) than in all of manufacturing [[11.5 million). This is an almost exact reversal of the situation in 1960, when there were 15 million workers in manufacturing and 8.7 million collecting a paycheck from the government.” And, “Every state in America today except for two—Indiana and Wisconsin—has more government workers on the payroll than people manufacturing industrial goods.”" -Wall Street Journal

Just because the technology is available is not reason enough to require us to use it.

So OK, I'm being a shade hypocrital. Here is my new favorite tag line, which is a higher-tech plagerization of "dance like no one is watching:"

*>>Dance like the photo's not tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; tweet like nobody's following.<<*

Ray1936 -

I read the book on Detroit ruins. You were quoted about Michigan Central. Boy, you don't have to be a genius to put two and two together.

Still here.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink whatever comes out"?

Make a right turn on that red.....you're in Windsor.....it's legal.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink whatever comes out"?
    I'm sure they saw the calf do it first.

Remember, this is the most pagan of xtian holidays coming up, named after a germanic goddess of the dawn, with all her fertility symbols

This is an insane world, and do not underestimate the extent of its insanity.
    -- ACIM, T. I. 2:6

". . . laugh at your fears
    and replace them with peace.
    For fear lies not in reality,
    but in the minds of children

who do not understand reality."

-- ACIM, T. 198

The Ego is Hell
    There is no other hell. The Course says, The belief in hell is inescapable to those who identify with the ego. [[T-15, I. 4:1) According to both Zen and the Course in reality there is no separated self, no ego. There is thus also no hell, and no devil and nothing to be afraid of. There cannot be an opposite to that which is all encompassing. There cannot be an opposite to God.

Good one-- How about maybe the ancient Egyptian who thought drinking the yeasty rainwater concoction [[early beer origin-maybe) settled atop some old earthen jar full of grain... Was a good idea.
    Last edited by Redleg81; April-18-11 at 05:20 PM.

Benny Hinn is going to hell

amazing these folks can do what they can do... guess as long as you pay for the air time you can say whatever you want...

Why is Benny Hinn Controversial?

Benny Hinn is controversial for the following reasons:
    • his frequently aberrant - and at times heretical - theology, his false prophecies, his unorthodox behavior, his financial practices, his false claims, and
    • his foolish statements.
    Nevertheless, large numbers of people who indentify themselves as Christians follow - and at times even appear to worship - this preacher. This reflects a trend in Christianity, referred to as 'experience over doctrine.' It means that more value is given to [[sensual) experiences than to sound doctrine.

from Wayne County Chapter of NOW http://waynecountynow.org/

Because a woman's work is never done, and is underpaid, or unpaid, or boring, or repetitious, and we're the first to get fired, and what we look like is more important than what we do. And if we get raped its our fault, and if we get beaten we must have provoked it, and if we raise our voices we're nagging bitches, and if we enjoy sex we're nymphos, and if we don't we're frigid, and if we love women it's because we can't get a real man, and if we ask our doctor too many questions we're neurotic or pushy, and if we expect childcare we're selfish, and if we stand up for our rights we're aggressive and un-feminine, and if we don't we're typical weak females, and if we want to get married we're out to trap a man, and if we don't we're unnatural, and because we still can't get an adequate, safe contraceptive, but men can walk on the moon, and if we can't cope or don't want a pregnancy we're made to feel guilty about abortion, and for lots and lots of other reasons, we are part of the women's liberation movement.

Joyce Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg81 View Post
    Good one-- How about maybe the ancient Egyptian who thought drinking the yeasty rainwater concoction [[early beer origin-maybe) settled atop some old earthen jar full of grain... Was a good idea.

Beer has been a staple longer than bread. Before bread, people made various grains into gruels, which fermented, and they drank it.

I'm still curious about the first person to eat a sea cockroach, er, lobster

^^^ and did the caveman-type person who caught an incidental whiff of an animal fried by a lightning strike or roasted in a forest fire instinctively say, "Oh, yum, what is that mouth-watering fragrance?" How did cooked meat become a human preference?

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    ... and for lots and lots of other reasons, we are part of the women's liberation movement.

Joyce Stevens
    Small comfort that our species will absolutely not survive without us lowly females. All the sperm in the world can't do a darned thing without an egg from a confusing/crabby/beachy/contrary/whatever-we-are-today female to fertilize...

The government's idea of a "do not call" list for phones was a great idea.

Wish they'd do the same for junk mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Corn.Bot View Post
    ^^^ and did the caveman-type person who caught an incidental whiff of an animal fried by a lightning strike or roasted in a forest fire instinctively say, "Oh, yum, what is that mouth-watering fragrance?" How did cooked meat become a human preference?
    probably just that way

I've worked in hi-tech all my life but today I found it mildly disturbing that I had to set a digital clock for a mere toilet seat.

I can think of no reason why a toilet seat needs a clock but there it was so I set it.

Some marketeer probably wanted another feature to sell and so had some poor engineer design a clock—for a freakin' toilet seat! I'll bet that accomplishment won't appear on his resume.

I'm not making this up.

And yes, it is heated.

Where can I sign up to become Amish?
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-11-11 at 08:20 PM.

Why do some people have to reset their toilet seats during the DST change over ?

Why do the worst tailgaters now seem to be women with children in the vehicle ?

If your knee's bent the other way - what would a chair look like ? [[George Carlin)

Why are lawn waste bags just thismuch smaller than my lawnmower's mulch bag?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast