Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    The Ramones had a lot of great songs with just 3 chords. They are one of my all time favorite bands. And was Sinatra really singing? Seemed more talking and humming to me, but I do like him.

I have to agree. Many band started out with little knowledge of their instruments. There are many great guitar players who technically know it all but as an artist they can still plain suck. I think a real artist sees past what their supposed to do or know and could take any instrument play it until it makes a noise they can work with, add to, and come up with something thats going to make you move to its beat.
    I remember seeing Mick Jagger playing guitar buring a live show on video in the 80s. I thought, that cat doesnt play the guitar does he? That seemed to be a prop, maybe Im wrong. Im pickin up what your layin down though Ray.

Oh yeah, lamb schwarma.
    Last edited by Django; March-06-11 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    I have to agree. Many band started out with little knowledge of their instruments. There are many great guitar players who technically know it all but as an artist they can still plain suck. I think a real artist sees past what their supposed to do or know and could take any instrument play it until it makes a noise they can work with, add to, and come up with something thats going to make you move to its beat.
    I remember seeing Mick Jagger playing guitar buring a live show on video in the 80s. I thought, that cat doesnt play the guitar does he? That seemed to be a prop, maybe Im wrong. Im pickin up what your layin down though Ray.

Oh yeah, lamb schwarma.

I would agree with everything here as well. And the Ramones are also one of my favorite bands, Sinatra is great to listen too as well.

I think Mick played a little guitar on select songs...mostly accoustic though. Otherwise I think he just liked to carry the guit-fiddle around lol. Wasn't he more of a harmonica guy?

And yeah.....lamb schwarma for me too. With some turnips and onions, garlic paste stuff and tzatziki sauce....oooOOh god now I want one, I'm at work, and I can't do a damn thing about it!
    Last edited by Magnatomicflux; March-06-11 at 05:54 PM.

Narcissists suck.

I hear birds! Lots of them. Spring is in the air.

Clogged traffic area that needs to be fixed during rush hour. Ford Rd. at Telegraph Rd. and Ford Rd. and Beech Daly. I see no reason traffic should get so backed up here if they would just tweek the timing on the lights! grrrrr

GUSHI Guest

I wish they would start making stuff here again i'm getting sick of replacing my shower handle mechnaism house is 10 years old. Without Counting the orginal 2, bought 3 @ 45 bucks a piece @ Home Depot i'm so sick of Chinese made garbage...............

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    I wish they would start making stuff here again i'm getting sick of replacing my shower handle mechnaism house is 10 years old. Without Counting the orginal 2, bought 3 @ 45 bucks a piece @ Home Depot i'm so sick of Chinese made garbage...............
    Want stuff high quality or do you want it cheap. I bought a beautiful fixture recently for a clawfoot tub. Solid brass, chrome plating a mile deep. $250. Made in USA. It's out there, just look and be prepared to open up the wallet.

Hmmm.... I wonder why every time I post, it's my 738th post? Maybe it's my lucky number.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Hmmm.... I wonder why every time I post, it's my 738th post? Maybe it's my lucky number.
    Well, that one was 739 so I guess your luck done ran out.

Yeah, I guess I need a new random thought now.

Or not......

GUSHI Guest

Would rather paid a couple hundred and not have to change it 3 fkn time, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    Want stuff high quality or do you want it cheap. I bought a beautiful fixture recently for a clawfoot tub. Solid brass, chrome plating a mile deep. $250. Made in USA. It's out there, just look and be prepared to open up the wallet.

Spring is here.
    I saw my first robin yesterday.
    It was frozen stiff to the ground.

Almost Haiku

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Or not......
    ......I wonder why that's happening.

how come there is no such thing as diet ginger beer?

why is there so much hugging and crying on tv shows lately?

I think a paczki just exploded in my stomach!

GUSHI Guest

500 to fly to vegas in may wtf

Gotta love them potholes

Rainy day, good for staying home under blankets.

Too bad have to make the donuts

I wonder if Donald Trump is an alien from some low budget, sleazy far away galaxy.

more commercials make me NOT want to buy the product than buy it.

sometimes i don't think corrupt city government is a bad thing - if it works [[chicago, anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post

Should i buy lottery tickets or a lamb schwarma on my way home?
    Lottery tickets definitely ! I need to fund my retirement in this economy. Besides after I win I can buy lamb schwarma every day of the week.

Why does my girlfriend find my chest hair sexy but not my back hair?

The place near my apartment does 2 for $5 schwarma and dumps another pound of lamb after. Doubt I'd be spending lotto winnings entirely on a recipe for heart attack

When people enter the left lane to do a michigan U, why do so many of them veer into the right lane suddenly before making the turn?

I've deemed the deli department at Meijer at 12/Telegraph to be inoperable. The folks working behind the counter are great at leaning on different objects, conversing with eachother, and being as lazy as possible.

In September you can deduct 3 from Detroit's population because we are out of here.

Sinatra's phrasing ability was unique. I could listen to him all day. Alas, I have to agree that his real life personna was that of a complete asshole. You can be that way when you own the world, I guess.
    Watch the whole set of these, they give insight into the real guy. he seems intelligent and sensitive. And complex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jm83oh3SIc

Why are gasoline prices increasing while a Canadian oil glut at Cushing could last two years?

Man parachutes from unfinished 90 story tower
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2106273.story

I'm surprised urban explorers haven't hit this building hard considering the tower is basically unwatched.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast