Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sky is bluer in Texas -- not as much overcast [[smile).... And less drama, pathos and angst about carrying and owning guns legally. It is more part of the culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Michigan = Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    Lead is not one of my favorite toppings, they were foolish to order it.
    ....LMAO....Thats what I'm talking about. One for the good guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    I read somewhere that the one killed was 19 or 20 years old. He may still have been in highschool[[!?), but definately old enough to know better.

Alex.
    No, he was 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    No way am I gonna risk my ass over someone else's crappy Hungry Howies pie and their $20 change. Id laugh and give it to them. Now pizza dude is gonna be spending how much time in court trying to clear his name? Over a pie. Pfffft!
    Thats true, and then later on we come to find out they had a fake gun

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    It depends on how you look at it... the ultimate response of lethal force [[which is not something responsibile people are flippant about) may "insure" that you will see your 'loved' and love ones again. And not have them see [[view) you in a casket.
    I dont have issue with that but I dont believe that if everyone carried a gun we would all be safer. I have guns but would never carry one except if absolutely necessary, ie. armegeddon, civil war ect.
    I own a gun but it was for hunting when I was a kid, I only hold onto it for home protection I suppose. Slippery slope it is. Is it contradictory of me for having a gun in my home for self defense but find it sick to carry on ones person?

I work with some younger kids who talk about their guns like they were talking about their electronic toys and it makes me sick. I cant stand to listen to that crap, how their gun will kill a guy deader than the other guys gun. I just see it as immaturity, as if what they see in the movies must be true. If I walked into any one of their homes I would probably find a framed picture of Al Pacino portraying Scarface on the wall. Then I overhear little kids at the party store talking about guns trying to emulate their older brothers. I know a lot of guys go through a Rambo stage in their lives, I did. That cycle of thinking should be broken but how? We are one of the wealthiest countries in the world yet we still think we can shoot our way to riches. Our peer countries do not have this mentality, its as if we are retarded as a whole.

PEACE

The City of Kennesaw Georgia passed a law requiring anyone who could legally do so to own a gun. All kinds of debate, gnashing of teeth, etc. The day the law went into effect violent crime nose dived. Violent crime has been almost non existent ever since. If a gun is ever pulled on me I would much rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

I have little reservations about or towards those who choose to have a gun in their home for protection. I am a bit more cautious re. carrying a gun which I feel bears more responsibility, yet I support the right of those to who do so legally. So I hear you, and it's too bad we live in a society where some feel they have to opt to actually carry a gun for protection, but I'd rather have that freedom than not. And yes the 'scar face' nonchalant attitude many youth have re. guns in scary. They do not understand the irrevocable consequence using a fire arm can have.
    I dont have issue with that but I dont believe that if everyone carried a gun we would all be safer. I have guns but would never carry one except if absolutely necessary, ie. armegeddon, civil war ect.
    I own a gun but it was for hunting when I was a kid, I only hold onto it for home protection I suppose. Slippery slope it is. Is it contradictory of me for having a gun in my home for self defense but find it sick to carry on ones person?

I work with some younger kids who talk about their guns like they were talking about their electronic toys and it makes me sick. I cant stand to listen to that crap, how their gun will kill a guy deader than the other guys gun. I just see it as immaturity, as if what they see in the movies must be true. If I walked into any one of their homes I would probably find a framed picture of Al Pacino portraying Scarface on the wall. Then I overhear little kids at the party store talking about guns trying to emulate their older brothers. I know a lot of guys go through a Rambo stage in their lives, I did. That cycle of thinking should be broken but how? We are one of the wealthiest countries in the world yet we still think we can shoot our way to riches. Our peer countries do not have this mentality, its as if we are retarded as a whole.

PEACE
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-22-11 at 05:31 AM.

Yes, I believe it can be a deterrent. Criminals often seek a 'mark' [[someone they evaluated to be easy to prey upon who will not respond with force). They tend to move on when met with a lethal response or the consideration of such.... or may think twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by rid0617 View Post
    The City of Kennesaw Georgia passed a law requiring anyone who could legally do so to own a gun. All kinds of debate, gnashing of teeth, etc. The day the law went into effect violent crime nose dived. Violent crime has been almost non existent ever since. If a gun is ever pulled on me I would much rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Do you all remember that phenomena of German tourists being targeted in Florida a decade or so ago?

Many were puzzled by that.

I lived in FL for a time, and can give a bit of enlightenment to the seeming oddity statistical glitch.

FL passed a law liberalizing gun carry. [[I just LOVE using that term in that fashion, heh)

ALL rental cars used the letter Z in them, and were easily identified.

Many rental cars were used by tourists.

Tourists wouldn't be armed.

THUSLY, perps targeted those rental cars, mostly in rest areas, and were successful for a while skimming off the cash of unsuspecting tourists in FL.

The carry laws remain, as far as I know, because they had the same result...crime overall plummeted.

They made adjustments...now rental cars are NOT easiliy identifiable and every rest area is heavily patrolled [[you see the signs warning against this everywhere).

So the targeting of unprotected tourists has declined so these things don't hit the news like they used to.

Same with Lousiana's LIBERAL carry laws after their problems with car-jackings. Perps never knew who'd be carrying, so these crimes simply STOPPED. Gone. Done.

Those who are against private ownership of weapons are deluded and misguided.

YES, there has to be an adjustment of the adoration of these weapons and using them for the pursuit of power over others [[as Django testifies above).

Who's got the solution to that?!

And I argue against the whole 'mental health' restrictions to gun ownership. They should be denied only to those who have a proven track record of anger managment and manipulation-of-others issues. Period. THAT is the ONLY mental health restriction that should be enforced.

Mental health issues that do NOT affect anyone beyond the one plagued by 'em are JUST like personal consumption...do what thou wilt. Do to yourself what you want. Aim your troubles upon yourself...but the instant you aim the blame on others and lash out, whammo.

The equalizer to the problem of mass-killings is exactly to have others armed. RANDOM others the perps would not expect. THOSE are the ones that stop these actions anyways.

Like the officers who happened along when that fellow went crazy on the military base. Even trained and battle-hardened soldiers were dropping like flies, because they were denied the ability to carry their weapons on base...and there weren't enough MPs around to stop the killer. There WERE reports of other attackers, leading to the claims that this incident was another False Flag event...just like there were reports of individuals helping the killers at Columbine.

MOST people are able to keep their anger at bay...and will not kill unless they are threatened themselves. Those who make threats should be removed from society. It is an easy calculation for me to make. Most people should be armed, with the expectations that they should never EVER need to use their weapons. This is the way the world has always been. Seems it will continue so.

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; February-22-11 at 10:00 AM.

The news reporter had to open the dropped boxes of un-eatin pizza for the camera. Nice attention to detail.

You make many good points Gannon, and I can only stress again, criminals are very strategic, and relentless in who they choose to be a 'mark' and subject for their actions. They look for signs of weakness, areas of entry mentally and literally -- the least resistance and the most vulnerable [[an unprepared) person to go up against.

No way am I gonna risk my ass over someone else's crappy Hungry Howies pie and their $20 change. l

I appears as if one of the attackers had a weapon... Much more than a pie and a few bucks were at stake.

Too bad he didn't kill all 3 of those scum bags!

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    Thats true, and then later on we come to find out they had a fake gun
    What makes anyone think they would not have shot the delivery man anyway, as in no witness to the crime ?
    And the fake gun angle...point a fake gun at a police officer and see what happens.

Chicago has the Deep Dish; New york has Sicilian... Detroit, we've got the Gran Torino - order it with EXTRA lead...
    Name:  kablam.JPG
Views: 616
Size:  44.6 KB

LOL! Dirty n 'Harry' extra toppings - free - no charge when you try to mark and 'gank' the delivery boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPetanque View Post
    Chicago has the Deep Dish; New york has Sicilian... Detroit, we've got the Gran Torino - order it with EXTRA lead...
    Name:  kablam.JPG
Views: 616
Size:  44.6 KB

1) I have no regard for the age of any shooter any longer. Are you any less dead because the person who shot you was a kid. No. 2) This happened right by my old hood and I hate to think you have to carry around EEV. My folks' old hoods maybe, but not mine.

I don't know if Michigan had anything like Texas = Ft. Hood [[no guns on base). The Texas Tower Shooting [[no guns on college campuses), or Luby's [[no guns in public place), but when the Luby's shooting happened, one of the survivors [[her parents were both killed) ran & won for state legislature and changed the law.

The Luby's shooting was a wake up call because I can't tell you how many guns were sitting in glove compartments and gun racks in cars outside 400 ft. away while people were getting blown away inside of Luby's. They're just now passing a law about guns on univ. campuses and it's been 45 years since the U of T Tower shooting. So it's not like they're quick about it, but at least they're letting people defend themselves without fear of prosecution.

You can't depend on cops to be everywhere every second and Lansing should have that figured out by now. You should have a right to protect yourself by any means necessary. The criminal has the first element of surprise on their side, you should have the second surprise for them.

So that was the neighborhood I grew up in.......mere blocks away. If someone would've gotten shot in a robbery attempt in those days, it woulda been the crime of the decade in HW/far northeast side. Now......it's a blip. Sad.....what a difference a few decades make.

My old scoutmaster one block into HW is getting mugged and carjacked right in his own yard.........never did I think the vermin would've gotten that far.

Now I surely know why my ma would moan about Medbury & Helen in the 60's.

Gotta get myself a Gund...

Having many friends and family at one time or another being involved in the pizza delivery business. I have heard alot of stories about that profession. But the scariest was when a younger cousin of mine was robbed. That was close enuff with it being blocks from my parents home.
    He escaped injury luckily and now works in law enforcement in Nashville, which at the time he was unsure of his carrer path until the robbery. While it is sad to see any life lost over a pizza, Maybe the perps will get the message that the pizza man might not be such an easy target.

. We are one of the wealthiest countries in the world yet we still think we can shoot our way to riches. Our peer countries do not have this mentality, its as if we are retarded as a whole.
    PEACE
    No, just the criminals are...just like in Mexico.

Does any one know what happened to the delivery guy? I just found this after watching Gran Torino.

When I lived in Hamtramick in 1985 [[I think) I heard in the news of an 87 year old man being gunned down by a gang and thought "What a bunch of idiots, now they go to jail for the rest of their lives, and the man was old and would have died soon anyways." I can't help but think that this movie is based on that incident somehow. I doubt any one here would remember that incident.

who does this guy work for? I've been looking for a reliable pizza delivery service.

"Sorry the pizza's so late, I had to kill the bad guys".

Quote Originally Posted by Traxus View Post
    ... "Sorry the pizza's so late, I had to kill the bad guys".
    Oh, and that's just tomato sauce on the box. Honest. LOL!

Our Sheriff made national news when he told all of the local women they need to purchase a gun and take a CWP course. He said he was tired of telling families of victims he was sorry, they did all they could. Sheriff Chuck Wright if anyone is interested. Now of course the media just went crazy over this.

Quote Originally Posted by rid0617 View Post
    Our Sheriff made national news when he told all of the local women they need to purchase a gun and take a CWP course. He said he was tired of telling families of victims he was sorry, they did all they could. Sheriff Chuck Wright if anyone is interested. Now of course the media just went crazy over this.
    Could the Pizza guy have used a Taser gun on the robber, while heating the Pizza with the wires ? I'm just saying - Go Green. A solar pizza sign would be a plus.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast