Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

TKShreve:
    Men get feelings when they see women get hurt? Has Santorum even seen combat? I haven't but I've heard many times about the feelings that develop among soldiers in combat which often makes them go back for additional stints in combat zones. Men go into combat with ideas of patriotism but very shortly they find they are fighting for their lives and the lives of their fellow soldiers regardless of gender. Maybe Santorum's homophobia won't permit him to consider the feelings that develop among soldiers in combat.

I haven't seen this posted here yet. Get ready to turn down your audio volume though. This can get a bit loud.

Despite my better judgment, or perhaps because of it, I present the Frothy Santorum Holiday Special.

These are all funny: Mike In Raleigh, audio artist.

It looks like Santorum has taken the lead in Michigan. I think if Mitt can't win his [[real) home state it might not kill his shot but it would be very embarassing. I wouldn't be surprised however if you see Mitt's super PAC flood the market with negative ads like he did in Florida, and those ads just crushed Newt there.

"A conservative, a moderate, and a liberal walk into a bar. The bartender says, 'Hi, Mitt!'"
    Last edited by Bobl; February-17-12 at 11:48 AM.

Yow! Good one Bobl.

Thanks, Big Dog, but I cannot take the credit. It has been bouncing around FB for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    "A conservative, a moderate, and a liberal walk into a bar. The bartender says, 'Hi, Mitt!'"
    When was Mitt a liberal?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    When was Mitt a liberal?
    Supposedly when he signed the MA healthcare law. But if I recall correctly, his company acquired a health insurance company about that time.

Any ideas on how to deal with, or reduce, political robo calls. We had several on our phone today, when we returned from a weekend away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Any ideas on how to deal with, or reduce, political robo calls. We had several on our phone today, when we returned from a weekend away.
    get one of those air horns and when you pick up the phone, wait for a real human and blast it.

A lot of robocalls have no real humans attached to them.

Rick Santorum believes that sex should only be used for the purpose of procreation which makes him even more conservative than the catholic hierarchy.

"Pope Pius XII in 1954 laid the groundwork for a change in Catholic teaching when he permitted the rhythm method. Though he quibbled about what means could be used he did bless contraceptive intent and contraceptive results. He even said there could be multiple reasons to avoid having any children at all in a marriage. In 1968 when Pope Paul VI reaffirmed the view that all mechanical or chemical contraception was sinful, the Catholic bishops of fourteen different countries respectfully disagreed and told the faithful that they were not sinners if they could not accept this papal teaching...."
    http://www.religiousconsultation.org...n_abortion.htm

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I'm guessing that Obama will be reelected. He is probably a step up from Santorum and has a lot of campaign cash.

However, I learned from this video that Senator Jim DeMint is not going to run for the Senate again in 2016. If he chooses to run in 2016 and has Rand Paul as his running mate, the other side and independents will have something to be enthused about. DeMint is seeking to bridge the gap between mainstream Republicans and libertarians. He says that is where the debate has to be in the Republican Party.

Jim DeMint: Why Republicans Must Become More Libertarian 29min.
    A potential 2016 Demint/Rand Paul ticket would make for good discussion in a "2016 Republican Presidential Candidates" thread.

"...tinfoil hats have become a common, if not mandatory, G.O.P. fashion accessory..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/op...rome.html?_r=1

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    A potential 2016 Demint/Rand Paul ticket would make for good discussion in a "2016 Republican Presidential Candidates" thread.
    a do-nothing like dimwit and an ideologue like junior paul would be a hilarious joke of a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    a do-nothing like dimwit and an ideologue like junior paul would be a hilarious joke of a ticket
    Those less informed than you might be intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Those less informed than you might be intrigued.
    please name one achievement of DeMint. He can't even list one on his own website. Likewise, name one of Jr. Paul

please name one achievement of DeMint. He can't even list one on his own website. Likewise, name one of Jr. Paul
    He can't? Wow!

No thanks on the assignment. Assign these two tasks [[in 2016 ) to someone that appreciates Rand Paul or Jim Demint. He or she might want to start a 2016 thread - lol.

oops -- i misread your last one!

Mitt Romney was at the factory next door to my employer today. This angered several truck drivers, who could not make deliveries to our facility. It seems that the "invitation only" "town hall participants" [[huhh?) believed that parking rules were for the great unwashed, and not the chosen few. They blocked access to our shop. It must be nice to be a one percenter. I'm not sure which Mitt showed up. I was not invited.
    Last edited by Bobl; February-22-12 at 02:05 AM. Reason: reduce font size

Rand Paul is a freshman senator whose term began 14 months ago unafraid to challenge the status quo.

I disagree with the term 'achievement' when used to expand government, wars, the police state, and debt. At least I would qualify such thing as negative achievements. Rand Paul is not guilty of such dubious achievements

I'm not sure to whom your assignment was directed. Rand Paul played an instrumental role in shelving the SOPA/PIPA legislation that may end a lot of internet freedom as we know it. Most likely, that bill will be brought back. Big bucks are behind it.

Rand Paul also forced a voice vote credited with ending the Obama supported attempt to be able to incarcerate Americans indefinitely and have the military involved. This was on either Dec.2 or 3. However this same legislation was folded into the NDAA and signed by President Obama on New Year's Eve when people were distracted. The liberal left used to support such achievements until it became more important to give their guy cover whether right or wrong. In fairness, this bill was passed by most Republicans excluding Rand and only about half of Democrats but including Obama.

Rand Paul has also been on the short end of introducing legislation to balance the federal budget in five years, criticized Obama for his personal attack on Libya, voted against the Patriot Act , and other such measures opposing the growth of the military police state. I guess those aren't achievements because he was outvoted.

DeMint is on the fringes of my interest zone and I don't keep track of him much. He is, in my opinion, about halfway between the Pauls and the mainstream Republican Party with it's tendencies toward neo-con and social values which I don't support. He seems to be a capable party organizer and kingmaker. His endorsement is valued. He is ascendent within the Republican party and someone who could unite it. I would not be surprised if he was the Republican presidential candidate in 2016 to succeed Obama or that Rand paul would be his Vp.

In the they-eat-their-own category:

Winning Our Future | King of Bain "When Mitt Romney Came To Town" [Full]

from "WinningOurFuture, the official YouTube channel for Winning Our Future PAC. Pro-Newt Gingrich Super PAC."

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast