Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Bailey... I know that you and I often don't agree on a lot of subjects... but that was your best post ever... 2 thumbs up!! Still LMAO about grandma.....

Ditto for Oladub... don't always agree... but "Bush and Constitution".... priceless...

Barnesfoto..... LOL.... [[I'm now very aware about which paper products I buy...)

Potential 2012 candidates are skipping the first official debate of the GOP presidential primary [[May 2, 2011). Will there be a rush to candidacy at some point?

Pawlenty touts religious faith, unallotments to Iowa social conservatives

by Matt Sepic, Minnesota Public Radio
    March 8, 2011

St. Paul, Minn. — Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty made an appearance last night at an evangelical church near Des Moines.

He and four other possible Republican presidential candidates were there to speak to the Iowa Faith and Freedom coalition.

Pawlenty cited his record as Minnesota governor in touting his conservative credentials.

"We had the first and only government shutdown in the 150 year history of my state on my watch," Pawlenty said. "I unalloted nearly $3 billion out of the budget by myself, which I think is more unallotments than all of the other governors in the history of the state combined, previous to my time as governor."

Pawlenty Pawlenty told the group that the nation's enormous debt is immoral, and religious faith needs to be a central part of American life.

"We need to remember this and always remember this. The Constitution was designed to protect people of faith from government, not to protect government from people of faith," he said.

He also spoke out against same-sex marriage.

Pawlenty appeared with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, and two other Republicans considering a presidential bid.

Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn, was also invited, but organizers say she had a scheduling conflict.
    Oh really?

That was good, maxx.

Sarah Palin for Republican kingmaker. How crazy would her endorsements be? Michele Bachman? Mike Huckabee? Donald Trump?

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...se.php?ref=fpa

This thread begs the question: Will Barak be re-nominated by the Dems? Think about it.

Gov. Haley Barbour tells Bryan Fischer he'd reinstate Don't Ask, Don't Tell as president.

Why?

Because "when you're under fire, and people are living and dying on split-second decisions, you don't need any kind of amorous mindset that can affect saving people's lives and killing bad guys."

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    This thread begs the question: Will Barak be re-nominated by the Dems? Think about it.
    President Obama will not only be re-nominated by the Dems he will beat whomever the Repubs throw at him. However it is nice to speculate who that Repub might be.

Gov. Haley Barbour conveyed some gravitas and vision speaking at the Conservative Principles Conference today [[C-Span). His optics have appeal for those hoping to win the White House in 2012. He has appeared slightly emotional a few times recently.

Too bad he's a confederate apologist. Dem days are not forgotten, apparently.

So, it's all about logistics of winning now and not who would be the best President.

The football game continues; people think they are the fans but they are actually the football.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Gov. Haley Barbour tells Bryan Fischer he'd reinstate Don't Ask, Don't Tell as president.

Why?

Because "when you're under fire, and people are living and dying on split-second decisions, you don't need any kind of amorous mindset that can affect saving people's lives and killing bad guys."
    Yes, because when the bullets start to fly, the first thing gay men think of is sex.lol
    Save our white boys from those evil gays! Reminiscent of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t-7S...1&feature=fvwp

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    President Obama will not only be re-nominated by the Dems he will beat whomever the Repubs throw at him........
    Obama's steadily losing more of his support on the far left over his continuation of the Geo. Bush policies regarding Gitmo & Afghanistan and now his foray into Libya. What happens if:

• his Afghanistan troop reductions don't materialize on schedule?
    • the US gets bogged down in Libya because of the lack of an exit strategy?

If things don't turn out for the best, it's conceivable that Obama will face a credible Democrat Primary challenger from the dissatisfied left in 2012, perhaps someone like Russ Feingold or Jim Webb.

Remember what happened to LBJ, Carter, and Geo. H.W. Bush? None of those three won election to a second term and the Presidency went to the other party in the general election.. Each had to face an opponent representing the dissatisfied wing of their party in their Presidential primaries. One withdrew from his re-election bid while the other two easily won their party's nomination for a second term, yet they both lost in the general election.

I think, hope and pray that Obama will face a primary challenger and that Obama will share Carter's fate. I also hope and pray that the GOP fields a formidable candidate to be the Reagan against Obama's Carter. It's early yet.
    Last edited by Mikeg; March-28-11 at 02:50 PM.

IMO, The present POTUS, will win, regardless of who your party, runs against him. How you can be proud of and back, these, so far GOP candidates, says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post

I think, hope and pray that Obama will face a primary challenger and that Obama will share Carter's fate. I also hope and pray that the GOP fields a formidable candidate to be the Reagan against Obama's Carter. It's early yet.
    Regarding your pipe dream... Do you really see a Repub out there that even remotely reminds you of Reagan ?

Regarding your pipe dream... Do you really see a Repub out there that even remotely reminds you of Reagan ?
    I dunno. McCain seems kind of Alzheimersie.

If I really thought at this time that there looked to be someone who could fill his shoes, I wouldn't be hoping and praying, would I? On the other hand, if Obama does get a Dem challenger, he might be sufficiently weakened that it won't make any difference who the gets the GOP nomination.

I think Biden will bow out, and Obama picks Hillary Clinton as his running mate. Hillary will help shore up the Democratic base... and Obama will continue in the middle. Under such a scenario a Democratic challenger would be a very remote possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    .....Obama picks Hillary Clinton as his running mate. Hillary will help shore up the Democratic base... and Obama will continue in the middle. Under such a scenario a Democratic challenger would be a very remote possibility.
    Are you dreaming? For the past two years Hillary has been in sync with SecDef Gates until following her humiliation in Egypt, she very publicly broke from him on Libya and came down in support of the military intervention. The French, British and the SecState basically embarrassed Obama into finally taking action on Libya. While Obama was holding out for regime change in Libya through indirect means, they wanted to produce it via "kinetic military action". Obama finally got on board and rationalized his decision on the basis that it furthers the aims of his foreign policy advisers Rice and Power and other world federalists who are pushing the “responsibility to protect” doctrine. If/when the public sees Obama commit more US troops elsewhere under "responsibility to protect", the majority aren't going to like it.

So I don't think there's any way in hell that Hillary can shore up the Dem's base on the left by serving as Obama's VP running mate in 2012. Just like in 2008 when they believed candidate Obama was a "mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy" and who wasn't Dubya, the independents in the 2012 general election might flock to a candidate who also appears articulate, bright and who isn't Obama, regardless of their past accomplishments and qualifications.

Um..... Mikeg.... lets wait to see how Libya plays out before continuing to make your shrill pronouncements of doom and gloom...

And you're hardly an expert on anything remotely dealling with what Clinton or Obama will do to shore up their political base before the next election.... that's still a ways in the future.... as is speculation about who the Republicans will pick...

Also... when attacking the Dems... you might want to make your posts "fair and balanced" by including what the leaders in your own party have to say... Arizona Sen. John McCain said "I don't think it's possible" in the short-term to get Gadhafi out without employing military force.
    "Gadhafi in power is unacceptable," he said. "We should use any means to bring him down."
    Last edited by Gistok; March-29-11 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Um..... Mikeg.... lets wait to see how Libya plays out before continuing to make your shrill pronouncements of doom and gloom...

And you're hardly an expert on anything remotely dealling with what Clinton or Obama will do to shore up their political base before the next election.... that's still a ways in the future.... as is speculation about who the Republicans will pick...

Also... when attacking the Dems... you might want to make your posts "fair and balanced" by including what the leaders in your own party have to say... Arizona Sen. John McCain said "I don't think it's possible" in the short-term to get Gadhafi out without employing military force.
    "Gadhafi in power is unacceptable," he said. "We should use any means to bring him down."
    Why wait until we see how it plays out? You just want to stifle any criticism of your guy that makes you uncomfortable. It's OK for you to offer all kinds of criticism of the right but I'm "hardly an expert on anything remotely dealling with what Clinton or Obama will do..." I never claimed to be an expert, I only offered my personal opinion. You're just another one of those insufferable elitists on the left who consistently talk down to anyone who doesn't think like you do.

Why wait until we see how it plays out? You guys on the left and Senator "Present" Obama were unwilling to wait and see how Iraq played out. They were calling Iraq a failure then and now Obama's claiming it as his success.

If we truly believed that the US has a national interest in Libya [[surely our European allies have a keen interest to protect and that could probably be enough reason for us), then the time to have gone into Libya was early in the rebels push towards Tripoli. We should have gone in quickly with France and the UK as our coalition and made regime change our exit strategy. Just as in Egypt, we would let the locals sort out the leadership succession, even though the results might not be to our liking.

Instead we have an open-ended commitment of our armed forces to operate under NATO control and with no firm exit strategy that will define success in the Libyan intervention. We've also ventured farther down the "responsibility to protect" road that will make it all the harder to resist overtures to militarily intervene in other foreign civil uprisings.

Attachment 9184

None of them appears to have Alzheimers although a lot of them are as badly informed as Reagan.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0606-01.htm

ttp://news.google.com/newspapers?id=-HtAAAAAIBAJ&sjid=XlcMAAAAIBAJ&pg=6178,3255986&dq=r eagan+ignorance&hl=en
    Last edited by maxx; March-29-11 at 02:51 PM.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast