Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
Sorry, Woodbridge no longer makes my list. While it is cute as hell and close to everything cool, I know too many people who have been the victims of serious violent crime there. I think there is a lot of crime of opportunity because the bad guys know there are students, teachers, and profs living there with at least something to steal.
I had thought Woodbridge was getting better, or at least that's what I hear around town.

Anyway, remember, there was a time when people wouldn't move to SoHo, let alone the Bowery [[now renamed NoLiTa) or the Lower East Side. If you had asked people in 1978 if downtown Manhattan would ever come back, they'd have laughed in your face. Heck, if you had asked Detroiters in 1915 if the development would stretch all the way to Rochester, they may have laughed at you [["What, out in all those beet fields? In the middle of nowhere?)
I think light rail is going to have a dramatic impact on the parts of town it cuts through. It will either be a real page turner for Detroit resulting in a steady and continued build-up of revitalization, or it will be a complete bust. I'm putting all my eggs in that basket. Light rail could be the one big catalyst, a real game changer.