Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Still haven't gotten over how great that ad was. I am not ashamed that I, a grown man, teared up a bit there....God I love this town!

Actually choked me up - hard to do. What a great spot!

Yes it was great. I stood up and cheered. Having this identity presented to an audience of hundreds of millions is new for Detroit. We've needed it. It will be helpful just like Detroit 187 is helpful. To recover, first the world needs to know you exist.

This series of events can be traced to the big 3 CEO's disastrous visit to DC in December 2008. Back from the brink....somehow.

choked me up to. great, great commercial.

NorthEndere Guest

Loved it, loved it, loved it. And, I'm not one to rave about media portrayals of the region. Chrysler hit a home run with that. It was as much a commercial for the region as it was for Chrysler, which is something they definitely didn't have to do to try and sell their product. In fact, I'd say that they could have gone a much safer route, but chose to highlight the struggles and resiliency of Detroit. Ford and GM did something similar with their commercials after the bailout, but they were a bit more upbeat.

My wife and I grinned from ear to ear at that commercial! Absolutely super, and, hey! I think the tag line, "Imported from Detroit" is a super idea!

Huzzah for Chrysler; huzzah for the old town!!!!

Best commercial of them all. Gave me goosebumps.

Brought tears to my eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    It was sick, "Imported from Detroit"
    GREAT fuckin ad!! Very nice play on the D, it's not about the car and the "imported from Detroit" is simply a play on words as that implies that you don't have to "import" a car to get a value!! You can simply get one made here.

Buy American Guest

Terrific commercial.

WHAT YOU DRIVE, DRIVES AMERICA.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHabitater View Post
    Doesn't anyone else think they are playing some kind of faux-pity card? I mean, Chrysler deliberately moved it's HQ out of the Detroit area and into another county...
    Absolutely faux-pity but it does the trick. I wrote a coupla months ago about how happy I would be when one of the big 3 shot a commercial with Detroit as a backdrop. All I can say is the time is right!

Let's hope Chrysler's message is more than "skin deep" and that they manifest more than emotional
    outporing, but I give them credit for at least acknowledging their connection to Detroit!

Great to watch, very uplifting. Everybody cheered and applauded at the party I attended.

Yes, imported from Detroit is really funny and probably very smart on the part of Chrysler since there is still more resistance to their product than GM and Ford versus the imports. Love it!

GUSHI Guest

Great Commerical, I just hope Chryslers quality improved over the years. I would have a hard time purchasing/leasing another Chrysler product. [[prefer The General)

Some of the ads involved people hurting each other. In contrast the Chrysler ad was redemptive.

Well done!

EXCELLENT commercial! It's all over Facebook, and one of my friends in NJ sent me a nice message about it... yes, we all cheered at our SB party, and yes, I got a little teary when I first saw it, too.

Outstanding!

Yowza.......I'm loving it. Simple as that.

AMAZING!!!!!!! I don't know what I am more happy about, the commercial or the fact that NOBODY on here has had a negative comment....... Well played DETROIT!!!!!!

Outstanding!

If anyone has not noticed, 17 seconds into the commercial they show the Flag that is flying at Tiger Stadium.

It just blew me off the couch, as I was at Tiger Stadium back in September when the Tiger Stadium Historical Society put up that flag.

I literally grabbed my remote and his the 30 second skip back button on my DVR, because I could not believe it.

What an awesome commercial, and at the end to say "Imported from Detroit" was just classic and makes me glad I live here!

Didn't watch the game but just watched the commercial. It also gave me goosebumps. Little bit of guilt knowing Eminem wouldn't be caught driving one. Ya lose that stupid euro numbering name [[200). The 300 is grandfathered in from the 50's.
    Awesome that they bought an entire commercial break. That beat from Lose Yourself is still cool too. The original video to that song had Detroit scenes too.

THAT!!! WAS!!!! GREAT!!!!!!
    "Imported from Detroit" is such a genius tag line..

"That's our story. It's probably not the one you've been reading in the newspapers ..."

So our ex-mayor isn't in prison for being a blatant criminal who dressed like a popcorn pimp?

So our current mayor isn't so clueless he's had 3 police chiefs in less than 2 years? And he hasn't hired many of the same people who worked under the former crooked mayor?

So our school board president isn't illiterate? And millions of dollars don't regularly come up missing from our school system? Our kids' test scores aren't the worst in the country?

And our City Council isn't made up of a bunch of criminals and buffoons?

Man. I've got to stop reading newspapers and start watching more television commercials.
    Last edited by dookie joe; February-07-11 at 12:23 AM.

Maybe so, Dookie Joe; but as an optimist, I hope Detroit can rise above all that and lift itself out of the dumpster most of the rest of the country seems to believe my home town belongs in.

We need more ads and marketing with attitude like this.

I am in Connecticut with my girlfriend and her family, and when the ad came on in the 3rd quarter I was unbelievably proud to say "this is my home...this is who we are." Awesome.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast