Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

i'm so sick of this "if it isn't south of 8 Mile it isn't Detroit" crap... it's old, it's tired and nobody wants to hear it...

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Ann Arbor is part of Detroit even though they are in denial.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Love this!!! It's not just Detroit, though. Ann Arbor doesn't even half believe it's part of Michigan. If I had a dollar for everyone in Washtenaw County who told me that it was the only place in the state they'd dream of living "because it's soooo different here," I could pay off my student loans.

When the Tigers were winning back in '06, you saw nothing but a SEA of English Ds in Tree Town. They like to claim sports teams and cultural institutions, but they are very happy that they're worlds away from the city's problems.

"Imported from Detroit" is something to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Love this!!! It's not just Detroit, though. Ann Arbor doesn't even half believe it's part of Michigan. If I had a dollar for everyone in Washtenaw County who told me that it was the only place in the state they'd dream of living "because it's soooo different here," I could pay off my student loans.

When the Tigers were winning back in '06, you saw nothing but a SEA of English Ds in Tree Town. They like to claim sports teams and cultural institutions, but they are very happy that they're worlds away from the city's problems.

"Imported from Detroit" is something to be proud of.
    Agreed, Ann Arbor [[along with a lot of this state) often distance themselves from Detroit. I guess at least tree town has some excuse since such a big chunk of their population is from all over the world to attend/work at the university. According to Wikipedia the student & staff/faculty population at the univ is about 48k while the city population is around 114k. I know plenty of treetowners talk down about how tough things are in detroit but in fairness detroit wasn't grown from one of the largest and most prestigious schools in the world.

Lets not overgeneralize washtenaw county too much though, I miss living in Ypsi these days. It's beautiful and hard working yet still struggling, in fact I recall thats how i started to get into detroit so much lol...I wanted a bigger city and by city I mean both the good and the bad aspects.

Now to all the conversation about the in/out of the city issues of this ad I'll just say: I'm one of the most pro detroit-city guys you'll meet but we need to pick our battles. I wish chrysler was more US owned and stayed in HP instead of AH but we can't change the past. I didn't watch the superbowl but got texts from two people who thought of me when they saw the ad. Chrysler is still at least building cars in Detroit proper and at least the 200 is being built in state instead of mexico.

PS I sympathize with all of you with student loans Everytime I look I owe more than I thought. Hopefully I'm employed soon to start chipping away at this huge debt....

Coming upon Ann Arbor from the north [[threadjack)... coming around the bend on Broadway... in the distance it almost appears that Ann Arbor [[for a moment) resembles a Tuscan "Hill Town" [[threadjack)... with that one beautiful church looming on the hillside... [[threadjack)... But when you get closer... the illusion quickly disappears... and Ann Arbor resembles the rest of Michigan.

But for that one moment [[threadjack)... it does appear that Ann Arbor is not like the rest of Michigan.

Coming from the south [[I-94)... one gets no such illusion...

But I digress....

Someone else asked this question, but I did not see an answer. Where is the white modern house shown in the commercial located? I've been trying to pull it out of the memory banks, but can't remember..

OK, this is 1 week late but I as a former[[never an ex) Detroiter I really enjoyed the
    commercial. I learned how to drive on my dad's 55 Chrysler Windsor. Can't remember
    if that had the push button transmission. I told our friends at our super bowl party
    the history of the Fox & how it was saved from the wrecker ball by the owner of the
    Tigers. I grew up on the NW side[[Fenkell btwn Schaeffer&Meyers) & went to Cooley
    [[01/61) so the commercial struck a familiar chord with me. Congrats to the producers.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit2MeetU View Post
    oooo,oooo...

I had to jump on this quick. They are $25 with authentic Detroit sweat stains in the arm pit area also known as Motor City Hard Work Stains [[MCHWS). Taking orders now...

Attachment 8771

I have a feeling the "Imported from Detroit" is taking on a life of its own. I just bought some Bettermaid Chips at the gas station and the attendent told me the chips were imported from Detroit.

So Chrysler didn't like my design...

Something about the very end...when "lose yourself" is playing and there's just tinkling piano over the words "imported.....from....Detroit..." made my breath just catch in my chest for a second. I grinned from ear to ear and felt a little teary, and I'm from Washington State. Haha. it was SO GREAT. This city has recieved a lot of bashing recently. I'm glad Chrysler stepped up and expressed their pride in Detroit. Let's not forget how Detroit created the middle class, or how it's possibly the most hardworking city in America.
    Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

The last line of this article is interesting....what do you all think of it?

We haven't yet started to document our own obsession with Detroit here on Racked, but check back here for more coverage in 2011. It's the American city to watch right now

http://racked.com/archives/2011/02/0...ing-eminem.php

Chrysler deserves the kudos, my DetroitYes friends, this ad is the Best Super Bowl 2011 ad, according to the votes tally on YouTube's AdBlitz.

Name:  Chrysler-Imported-From-Detroit-Ad.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  24.8 KB

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10