Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    I am in Connecticut with my girlfriend and her family, and when the ad came on in the 3rd quarter I was unbelievably proud to say "this is my home...this is who we are." Awesome.
    You just choked me up for the second time tonight. The first being when this ad played. It was an amazing ad and words can't even describe how great it felt to see that played during the Superbowl to a global audience. 100s of millions of people saw that ad. We will rise some day! And I hope we all get to be a part of it. This city, our city, has indeed "been to hell" AND "back." We are coming back! And the world will soon know it.

Don't overlook the irony of what Detroit's demand for cheaper steel did to Pittsburgh a generation ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Here's the take of Stuart Elliott, the New York Times reporter who covers the ad industry, and who was blogging about the ads. He worked at the Free Press in the 1980s. See his personal note about Detroit at the end:

The Chrysler 200 spot that just ran may have made Super Bowl ad history in that it filled an entire commercial pod, or break.
    The commercial boldly took issue with prevailing attitudes about Detroit and the cars it makes and featured Eminem in his second appearance in an ad in the game. [[The first was for Lipton Brisk.)
    The Chrysler Group played the spot's existence close to the vest; word that the company was going to devote its entire Super Bowl ad buy to one car and one spot did not begin circulating until Friday.
    The spot seems in the vein of President Barack Obama's "Win the future" initiative, with its insistence that "imported from Detroit," as the screen read at the end, is a virtue to be heralded rather than a fact to be concealed.
    Personal note, as someone who lived and worked in Detroit for three years, it was good to see support for the city expressed in so public a venue.
    great spot...

I freaked when I suddenly saw Marathon and the crane rental sign. I was like WHATS this commercial lol. Strange to see my old hood on national tv while living in AZ

I'm still verklempt.....

Love the shots of our fabulous Fox Theatre...

While we're still in a celebratory mood.... check out the first 2 minutes of this Fox Wurlitzer organ extravaganza...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0rrR1n9l9I

I almost got teary eyed for some reason. Great ad, Even better then Rosanne getting hit with the log.

oooo,oooo...

I had to jump on this quick. They are $25 with authentic Detroit sweat stains in the arm pit area also known as Motor City Hard Work Stains [[MCHWS). Taking orders now...

Name:  Awesomeness.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  11.1 KB

I have a feeling the "Imported from Detroit" is taking on a life of its own. I just bought some Bettermaid Chips at the gas station and the attendent told me the chips were imported from Detroit.
    Last edited by Detroit2MeetU; February-07-11 at 02:31 AM.

I just can't get enough of this. I wasn't even paying attention to the superbowl, I just happened to be by the TV when this ad ran and my jaw dropped when I saw it...

This is a picture of us raising the flag at Tiger Stadium back in September.

This is a picture of the flag from Home Plate on the Field back in September when we finished.

This is a picture of the flag taken at night in front of Brooks Lumber accross the street from the field, taken about a month ago at night.

This is a screen shot from the commercial
    Last edited by CLAUDE G; February-07-11 at 02:35 AM.

It's on the front page of yahoo.com right now, and I'm in Boston and it's there.

Wow! That was fantasic!

Excellent commercial. Loved his unabashed support for what we do here. Sure, we can diversify, but to be proud of being the Motor City is great stuff.

As for Chrysler... I'm not sure Highland Park is more "Detroit" than Auburn Hills... think regionally... every other major city does.

Who was that doing the voice over?

the fact that NOBODY on here has had a negative comment...
    I would have liked it better without Eminem in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ja!mz View Post
    Who was that doing the voice over?
    Grand Rapids native Kevin Yon.

I have no problem with the "Detroit" reference to the Auburn Hills car maker. The perseption is of "Detroit's Big 3 Automakers", and you could move the HQ to Saginaw and that wouldn't change.

I thought the spot was great. The game, well.......

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I would have liked it better without Eminem in it.
    I'll take Eminem over Kid Rock any day.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    I have no problem with the "Detroit" reference to the Auburn Hills car maker. The perseption is of "Detroit's Big 3 Automakers", and you could move the HQ to Saginaw and that wouldn't change.
    Or Dearborn! Oh, wait...

Simply the highlight of the the night for me and totally unexpected. Gave me both goose bumps and tears in my eyes.
    Thank You Chysler, thank you thank you thank you.

It works well as a feel-good-for-my-hometown piece.

Is it gonna sell any cars?

That ad makes the "I'm a Believer" ad look like amateur hour.
    Makes you proud as a parent seeing your kid do well. Inspirational.

I've just rewatched it five times in a row. Brings tears to my eyes. Bumps, bruises, scars and all, I'm still proud to say I'm from Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    I'll take Eminem over Kid Rock any day.
    I don't like him either.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Or Dearborn! Oh, wait...
    Or Turin, Italy. Fiat intends to own 51% of Chrysler by the end of 2011. I like the commercial as much as anyone because I thought it was an ad more about about the domestic auto industry than one particular brand. I think in about a week most people won't remember that it was for the 200... they'll just remember Eminmen and Detroit. I just think the irony that it was Chrysler is lost [[or intentionally ignored). Here is a former German subsidiary--er um.."equal partner", a former ward of an investment bank and current ward of the American taxpayer, and soon to be a subsidiary of an Italian car maker asking us to get all misty eyed about Detroit and domestic cars. If what you drive drives America [[as one poster is fond of repeating) then why are you driving a Chrysler?

What a selfless act by Chrysler. They could have easily put together some lame commercials with monkeys and babies for half the proice. What a great investment for the Company, Detroit, and the region.

Can we hire them to do Pure Michigan?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast