Back in the early nineties I used to pass by a spot called the Tiger Club just south of 8 Mile on Schaefer. It's funny because I had a feeling that it was a private-social club that had some sort of gambling [[lots of nice cars in the early morning hours) and sure enough the spot was raided. If I remember correctly Jackie 'the kid' Giacalone was connected to the games-cards and dice The newspaper article described free flowing alcohol and naughty women as having been provided for the players. A Chaldean gangster figure nicknamed 'pimp' because of a flashy dress style was described.....can anyone provide a link or info on the case?

Also there was a gambling-racing form place on Gratiot just south of 8 mile that was mob run and or paying street tax to Detroit mobsters and was raided a couple of years back. Many of the spots documented [[Carelton House,houses cited in Motor City Mafia book,and,the places I mentioned are located on the periphery of the city or in Eastern market) I witnessed a small dice game in action once, and knew a guy that whacked-shot three robbers who tried sticking up his card game ,and watched a guy in Highland Park play his number with a runner....never much of a gambler myself,yet I find illegal gambling operations fascinating. One of my co-workers mentioned placing a bookie bet through a friend, would love to try that once, or know someone involved in bookmaking.

So have any of you played the street lottery or placed a bookie bet?