Quote Originally Posted by rencense View Post
Ok here I go with my predictions again

I think the palmer park apt district is going to make a major comeback if/when light rail serves it. The area really has some things going for it. First of all Detroit doesn't have many apartment districts and few places anywhere could compete with the architecture found in this area.

The other big perk is that is is right off of woodward and very concentrated plus palmer park is right across the way. My prediction is that as downtown and midtown get more expensive and the light rail comes this way this spot will be very popular with the younger crowd. As it is beautiful apartments are dirt cheap there and I know I would be interested in one if I could hop on the train and be downtown in a few minutes.

I can't say how bad that area is crime wise currently but eventually I could imagine a private security patrol for the area given how small and dense it is. If you could live in a stunning apartment for half the price of downtown [[but a 5 minute trip away) I think many would go for it.
Except that not so long ago it was doing well [[Palmer pk apt area) . The Palmer park apt area was a thriving gay area.Apt bldgs were fixed up and people were making the area come back. Then crime came along and people got hurt and of course the cops did very little[[ anti gay?) and so people left and the area went to shit...again.

So forgive those of us who view this with a lot of skepticism .