Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Thanks so much for posting, Dave70 - it was great hearing about what went on AFTER I left there. My goodness, in '76-77 I was in tenth grade and my Carleton years seemed like ancient history to me though looking at it now from THIS far in the future, five years sure doesn't seem like as long an amount of time as it was then!

It was interesting hearing about Mr. Ignnasiak retiring about that time, and Mrs. Zalopani still being there as well. I don't remember her "grinding her teeth" but I do remember her as having something more of a "prim and proper" air about her than some of my other teachers - perhaps this stood out in my mind more because she was also relatively young and also young in appearance [[though maybe not as much so by the time you were there) - yet her personality was more what I'd have expected in a much older person. I don't recall any of the other teachers you mentioned being there when I was there. I did have a MISS Harris - young black woman - who was my teacher for part of fourth grade and whom I really liked, but she never taught music, so I don't think that was the same person.
    Last edited by EMG; May-21-09 at 08:03 PM.