I had Mr. Patelunas for a couple of semesters. He was a real character. He had a doll that he would make a misbehaving boy play with while sitting on the floor of the classroom by the blackboard. He did die of cancer. He lived on Whitehill and his wife was a teacher at Columbus.

I'll rattle off teacher names from when I was at Carleton. Mrs. Greiling and Miss Gale were kindergarten teachers. Miss Ryan, Mrs. Hahn, Mrs. Boyle, Mrs. Foley, Mrs. Melvedt, Mrs Tehan [[sp), Mrs. Van Ryan, Miss Conflitti, Mrs. Palazzolo, Mrs. Hammer, Mrs. Blixberg, Miss. Krupski, Mr. Mercier and Miss Horn. Special classes... Mrs. Knapp [[library). Music teachers in order were Mrs. Heyden, Mrs. Pfeiffer and Miss Miller. Art - Miss Gusta and then Miss Edmunson. Science..Mr. Burns, Mrs. Frankie and Miss Lemke [[lower grades). Social Studies Miss Lemke, Mr. Broquet and Mrs. Knoll. Gym...Mr. Lambka, Mr. West, Miss Glusac, Miss Glavan, Mr. Ignasiak. Auditorium...Mrs. Weyburn and Miss Roberts. Shop..Miss Conachen and Home Economics..Mrs. Hathaway. Subs were Mrs. Wagerly and Mrs Matheson. Custodian was Mr. Ayotte. Principal was Miss Wenzel and Assistant Principal was Mrs. Baird. Office secretary was Mrs. Lanoo.

There was a kitchen fire [[minor) on a super cold January day in 1963. We had to grab our coats and head outside.

The lockers haven't changed at all....same ones, I'm sure. The gym looks SAD...the floor used to be such a pretty light wood color...now it looks dirty, worn and neglected. The auditorium seats seem to be the same ones, too. I remember the elbow battles I had with Bobby Mazzola over the shared armrest.

Well, that's good for starters. I have copied the photos you posted and will forward to some of my Carleton contacts.