Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Hehe, the Carleton Elementary School Broadcasting system! Dr. Parlato would make announcements with it, every room had a speaker connected to the office where the mic and controls were.

LOL! I remember those speakers perfectly well - they were there in my day too - but I just never heard them referred to like that.

Certainly, I remember that school-wide announcements were made. Also, the system could be used for communication between the office and an individual room as well. Especially ominous was being in the middle of class and suddenly the private announcement mode kicked in with, "Excuse me Mrs. _______, could you please send EMG down to the office!"

Down the hall I'd go, heart-in-throat wondering what I ever did wrong ....only to find out they just needed to verify that my address was correct in their records.

Here's a request to any school administrator who happens to be reading this - PLEASE have consideration and avoid scaring innocent young children unnecessarily! When they're being called down for innocent reasons, make that clear when making announcements like that!

NORWALK....I believe you posted that you had a friend or relative that teaches at Carleton now. We have been trying to get a reply from the principal regarding a reunion tour of the building, but she hasn't responded. Is she one of the principals in trouble and heading to jail? If not, do you think your friend/relative could help us at least get a reply? If so, I can find out which of our committee would have sent the letter to her.

I can't believe the enrollment at Carleton has gotten so low, and also that of Denby. When I was at Denby, it only had grades 10-12, and still had over 2600 students. Now it has grades 9-12, and only around 1200 students. Unreal. The January '67 graduating class had around 300, and the June '67 class had over 600.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldlady View Post
    Is she one of the principals in trouble and heading to jail?!
    Jail? NAWWWW...she's probably just been sentenced to sit on the Big Bad Brown Bench outside her own former office, waiting to be talked to by her own replacement!