Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by ja!mz View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any original Clock restaurant's left? I remember as a kid there being one in every neighborhood, it was usually the first job you had working as a dishwasher or busboy. I tried to find original locations and history online but didnt have much luck.
    Mentioned in the table side juke box thread-
    Canterbury Palace on Grand River, by Inkster Rd-
    It was built/opened as a Clock Restaurant in 60's,
    within 10 yrs, Clock started building larger places,
    the franchise was cancelled at that location. Canterbury still has same layout, looks very close to the original Clock.
    [[Its been Canterbury since early 70's)
    Also- McVee's on Telegraph N of 9 Mile was also originally a Clock, though it has been expanded and renovated since it became McVee's, does not much resemble a Clock.

Larger Clocks, from 70's:
    -Bob's Pizza on 7 Mile by Evergreen was built/opened as as a Clock about 70'
    -Southfield rd, S of 10 Mile Rd was called Olympia Flame last time I was in the area.
    -Ford Rd in Westland- Col's Restaurant used to be a Clock

Downsized, in last years of Clock- there was one in the KMart strip mall at 7 Mile and Farmington.
    Last edited by econ expat; January-24-11 at 08:44 AM.