One of my favorite topics.

HUGE fan of Dragonmead. Before the smoking ban it was one of the only places that a person could go to and have some tasty libations and go home not smelling like a wet ash tray. They still allow you to bring in yer own food, have food delivered from other places or order from their in house menu that has the common standbys.

I highly suggest Earl Spit Stout, and of course Final Absolution. Yummerific!

WAB popped my micro brew cherry and have been going there ever since it opened. Great place, but sometimes it's hard to talk with people 1 foot away because the music can get a little loud depending on the time of night. However, you can't beat hanging out in their sidewalk cafe enjoying a brew and food on a nice summer day.

I think there are a few issues going on with market share. First is cost. Good beer cost more money and swill is cheap. Think fast food verses the Whitney as a broad generalization.

Next is distribution. A lot of micros can't get into as many stores as swill companies.

Next is diversity. Micros offer very diverse styles which can be very over whelming and intimidating to folks.

Next is brand loyalties. Some folks are just loyal and do not enjoy the types of taste micros offer.

Next is the hipster-doofus effect. Mircos are viewed by some folks as elitist, laden with overt snobbery.