Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

You know we got it bad when we have suburbanites coming into the city to rob Detroiters. So, we have a 18 year old swooping in on.........a senior citizen. No wonder his ass is on a stab. His punk ass saw an old man and thought it was a easy lick. Well, let this be a lesson.

I'm waiting to hear Fieger's side of this.....

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    So this kid lives in Grosse Pointe Park and attends GP South High School.

Again, what the hell was he doing way over on the west side? Was that his original neighborhood? How did he get there? Everyone on this forum will testify that DOT bus service is practically non-existent.
    Maybe only one of his parents or relatives lives in the Park. Maybe he was staying at the other parent's. Maybe he used to live on the west side and was visiting friends for the weekend?

Look at Superintendent C. Suzanne Klein's statement. Mentions the community is saddened by the death of [the alleged robber] but no mention of the ex-cop who could have been killed, huh?

If I were in her place, I would have said something like. "The community is saddened by the tragic events that took place." I don't know, something sounded very wrong about that statement she said. My own opinion.
    Last edited by wolverine; January-19-11 at 08:41 PM.

If what we know is true, I'm glad he's dead.

Again, what the hell was he doing way over on the west side? Was that his original neighborhood? How did he get there? Everyone on this forum will testify that DOT bus service is practically non-existent.

I am not trying to shift blame to the ex-cop. There is something wrong here and I don't know what it is.

Believe it or not, Grosse Pointers *do* occasionally wander outside city limits into the great beyond known as [[gasp) Detroit. As a former, and soon to be again, resident of GPP, I know this from personal experience. And while I won't venture to say what brought Demere Hudson to 7 Mile or how he got there, I will say that it IS very easy to get there by bus from GPP[[DDOT via #31 Mack or Smart via 610/615, then an easy transfer to the DDOT#45 7 Mile). I've done it a million times, living in Ferndale and working at Mack/Moross.

Plain and simple, this dumb kid picked the wrong person to try and rob. Sh!t happens!
    Last edited by Alley; January-19-11 at 10:11 PM.

So funny to hear some opinions on here. Yup, we now have a "serious" problem with suburbanites permeating the defense lines of 8 Mile to rob innocent [[and lucritive) targets. If their was a smiley with his head up his a$$ it would be right here >>____<<

It's no secret or issue that Detroiters have been seeking refuge within the inner burbs for some time in order to give their children a safer path into society accompanied by a better education. What I don't hear anybody talking about is: Has this been proven to work for the individual as well as the system in general?

I wonder how the crime rates have been at GP South and GP North over the last 15 years. I have first hand experience watching the demographics of the GP school system change over the last 15-20 years. Those school systems were some of the last areas to be open to the urban flight of the last 20-25 years. You can attribute that directly to the housing stocks of Harper Woods becoming eligible for Parcells and GP North. Also, upon the Real Estate crash there was a significant drop in rental/housing rates throughout the cabbage patch in GPP. This opened the door for significant amounts of Detroiters [[read: Blacks) to enroll their children into GP schooling. So I beg the question: Do migrating detroiters bring problems with them into new areas, or do new areas improve a migrating Detroiters way of life?

In this case, seeing that the victim was 18 years of age, I venture to guess that his environment had little if no impact on him at all. Unless he was a one year transplant.

I think what this shows is that education, considered the panacea for everything, obviously isn't. This kid is in a better place than most Detroit teens... Clearly it's a cultural problem that some folks choose to live this lifestyle no matter what opportunities are given to them.

Again, what the hell was he doing way over on the west side? Was that his original neighborhood? How did he get there?.
    More than likely he went back to see some of his boys, and saw an opportunity to rob a senior. Fortunately, the older gentleman was a retired cop and stopped a thug who was keeping it real.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    I don't live too far from that store so I say this without being cruel. The kid got what he deserved. I, like many others walk on Seven Mile and that buster could have come across me with his weapon asking for the few pennies that I have. For the record, I don't carry a gun so had he crossed paths with me, this 18 year old punk would have the ups on me and I'm just going to the store. We are fortunate that this retired police officer would retire this up and coming desperado. Send a powerful message to our young people. Want to live a long life, don't pick up that gun.
    Absolutely agree with all of the above. The kid messed with the wrong guy, he got a suprise. End of story as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    Do migrating detroiters bring problems with them into new areas, or do new areas improve a migrating Detroiters way of life?
    Doesn't this depend upon the migrating Detroiter in question?

Quote Originally Posted by pffft View Post
    I think what this shows is that education, considered the panacea for everything, obviously isn't.
    Well, I can see where this story might lead to that reaction, but it's one kid. Most black kids who move to GP from the city aren't going to conduct armed robberies.

This kid is in a better place than most Detroit teens...
    Was, you mean. [[I get your drift, though, which was that GP is better than Detroit.)

Clearly it's a cultural problem that some folks choose to live this lifestyle no matter what opportunities are given to them.
    Clearly, there is a problem. Totally agree. Whether it's cultural, institutional, educational, socioeconomic, generational, or from another source is a topic of much debate.

GPP is not GP or GPW or GPF....having lived in gpp, it has a lot of rental homes, and has many black residents. The media is being careful not to pointe out the differences in the residents of the other pointes

Quote Originally Posted by ja!mz View Post
    GPP is not GP or GPW or GPF....having lived in gpp, it has a lot of rental homes, and has many black residents. The media is being careful not to pointe out the differences in the residents of the other pointes
    So, he wasn't living in one of the POINTES but a ghettoize version. LOL

I don't like the fact that he would prey upon a 65 year old man. I find this behavior of our young people disrespectful.

I heard at last night's GPS v. GPN basketball game that this young man was living in GPP with his granmother.

Again, what the hell was he doing way over on the west side? Was that his original neighborhood? How did he get there? .
    He was a HS kid who was on the west side of Detroit. It's not like he was a baby who ended up on the west side of Wisconsin. There are many ways that a HS kid could travel 10-15 miles and reasons for doing so.

When you say that something is wrong, what are you getting at?
    That somehow this kid was set up?

Deleted deleted deleted
    Last edited by GPCharles; January-20-11 at 09:38 AM.

Jeez People it doesn't matter! "what the hell he was doing waaaaay over on the west side" we know what he was doing - robbing people!! - he didn't do it in GPP where he supposedly lived most of the time because his job is to be a criminal and a good criminal is not going to conduct his career of choice in a police state like GPP where he is likely to get caught, he will do it back in the hood where "he" is in command of the street. Why do we need to dissect this criminals thought process - is it because he "was" from GPP and people from GPP are not suppose to choose a life of crime because of all the opportunities - come on get over it, the kids grandma probably lived in the cabbage patch - yes an assumption on my part but probably accurate - and there is nothing special about the cabbage patch other than it is highly patrolled by GPP's finest. I refer you back to my original post - Goodbye Mr. Perp... you will NEVER victimize another human being again.

Proslack Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Perhaps his parents are separated/divorced?
    How did you draw this conclusion? This is just a bizarre comment based off of absolutely nothing.

Proslack Guest

good to hear the little terror was stopped. I have no remorse for id iots that are stopped doing stu pid things. He knew the consequences of his actions and things did not turn out well for him.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    You know we got it bad when we have suburbanites coming into the city to rob Detroiters. So, we have a 18 year old swooping in on.........a senior citizen. No wonder his ass is on a stab. His punk ass saw an old man and thought it was a easy lick. Well, let this be a lesson.
    According to Fox2, he was playing football at Kettering but was hanging with the wrong crowd, so his parents moved him in with his grandmother in Grosse Pointe to keep him out of trouble. Apparently you can take the boy out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the boy.

@ EASTSIDE CAT 67-83. Right on x 10. Good shooting by the ex-cop, bad choice by the gunman. I'll be the first to blame Bush.

Actually it was Bush being influenced by the evil Cheney that made him do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    That's funny. I never watched the show when it was on but every time I've come across one of the clips from the show they're laugh out loud funny.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast