Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You Wolverines still suck! You can't even beat Michigan State Spartans in 4 tries. The Pual Bunyan Trophy stays in Spartan County. Sorry Denard Robison, you couldn't faze out most powerful defensive team in The State of Michigan. Now you can go on the pros a loser!

"S" SO GREEN SO SPARTANS!

Yesterday's game could have EASILY ended 42-7. MSU was far more dominant than the scoreboard showed. Dominated both lines. And as I said before, this was Michigan's best shot for a few years. Michigan loses its four of it's best offensive and defensive linemen to graduation this year. There is NOBODY behind them. The beatings will be worse in 2012 and 2013.

Purdue game will be tougher then I thought. I am friends of the father of the Purdue QB and he has had a wild ride in college. His father is Eugene Marve, SVSU grad and long time NFL player for the Bills and Bucs. The son was FL high school player of the year and signed on at Miami. He blew his knee and transferred to Purdue were he again blew out a knee. I think this is his final year.
    We need a win saturday

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Purdue game will be tougher then I thought. I am friends of the father of the Purdue QB and he has had a wild ride in college. His father is Eugene Marve, SVSU grad and long time NFL player for the Bills and Bucs. The son was FL high school player of the year and signed on at Miami. He blew his knee and transferred to Purdue were he again blew out a knee. I think this is his final year.
    We need a win saturday
    MSU recruited Marve out of HS before he chose the hurricanes. I remember watching some clips of him in HS. He was very impressive.

He also got caught up in the Miami playing player scheme, but we dont talk about that. haha

He also got caught up in the Miami playing player scheme, but we dont talk about that. haha
    Can you blame him? muy caliente!

Welcome to the Big 10 Nebraska.

You ain't in Kansas or playing Kansas any more.

Had to get that dig in.

Did anyone know if the Lions' Suh, Vanden Bosch and Raiola make it over to see their Nebraska brethren get clobbered?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/23977/photos?slug=1f2ea5812c01843795b52a5bd72c24e6-getty-133488790
    I
    thought I posted this earlier but its not there.
    Both Suh and Raiola were their and Raiola was messing with the UM fans.

** PIC # 7 **
    Last edited by kenp; November-21-11 at 02:41 PM.

Gladly, we held off OSU today to complete a 10 win regular!

Lot of conference news too. Meyer skipped his commentating gig this weekend and is looking at OSU. PSU secured a lot of wins despite their troubles.

Unsigned recruits. Bowl games.

Quote Originally Posted by EL Jimbo View Post
    8 wins maybe. 10 wins? You are dreaming.
    vetalalumni please wake up you were dreaming.

Not a good game by our D but I will take it. 10 wins and 6-2 in the conference, wow what a great job the staff did with this team. Thank you offense for winning this game, Denard and Fitz were tough today.
    Go Blue!!!

vetalalumni please wake up you were dreaming.

Not a good game by our D but I will take it. 10 wins and 6-2 in the conference, wow what a great job the staff did with this team. Thank you offense for winning this game, Denard and Fitz were tough today.
    Go Blue!!!
    If this season was a dream, please don't wake me - lol.

10 wins is really good for our confidence. Smiles all around.

Word is we'll get the 78th Annual Allstate Sugar Bowl on 01/03/12 against Houston. At the Mercedes-Benz Super-dome in New Orleans, LA.

U M vs Houston that score will probably end up 60-59

We have reasons to be proud of this past season. Nothing boosts moral quite like success. Now we must sustain.

It was a horribly horribly played Sugar Bowl. Both sides looked inept and sloppy in all facets of the game.

That being said, the slightly less messier team, Michigan pulled it out in the end and ended up winning it. It's by no means a signature win and years from now people will forget how the game was played but will still look at the W.

Kudos to Brady Hoke for managing some semblance of a defense from the RichRod era. He came in, said all the right things and seems to have galvanized the Wolverine community again. The next few years will be a lot tougher now; the honeymoon's over. The friendly folks up in East Lansing are the elite team in the state now and down the road is a new brash coach by the name of Urban Myer who's going to recruit his ass off to recover from the Tressel stains.

It's good to see competitive football in the area again.

I think we benefited from a very weak Big 10. I was at quite a few games and the talent level is still lower then our usual standards. We will start getting big 10 players again and be a top team from now on. Give MSU credit but they benfitted from RR. Meyer isnt going to to any better then Tressel but will be good.
    Bowl game was bad but we won and won 11 games so there is nothing to be ashamed of.

I am impressed by Brady Hoke, he was able to take another coaches recruits, adapt to a QB he probably would have never recruited as a QB and had a great year. This tells me the man can coach. While RichRod was busy running Lloyds recruits off the team Hoke worked with what he had especially on defense. Now that Hoke is getting his recruits on board we should see Uof M in the mix for B10 championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    It was a horribly horribly played Sugar Bowl. Both sides looked inept and sloppy in all facets of the game.

That being said, the slightly less messier team, Michigan pulled it out in the end and ended up winning it. It's by no means a signature win and years from now people will forget how the game was played but will still look at the W.

Kudos to Brady Hoke for managing some semblance of a defense from the RichRod era. He came in, said all the right things and seems to have galvanized the Wolverine community again. The next few years will be a lot tougher now; the honeymoon's over. The friendly folks up in East Lansing are the elite team in the state now and down the road is a new brash coach by the name of Urban Myer who's going to recruit his ass off to recover from the Tressel stains.

It's good to see competitive football in the area again.
    Competitive, flaws withstanding.

An honest and sobering description of collegiate football, and I suppose most sports in general.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Competitive, flaws withstanding.

An honest and sobering description of collegiate football, and I suppose most sports in general.
    Thanks. I have no allegiances to any of the Big Ten schools but love cheering for the locals to do well. I have far too many friends that have gone to both Michigan based schools here. I try to be objective and really cheer for no one. I just love football- whether it's NFL, college or pop warner [[well, maybe not the latter). It's a great game to enjoy in person or watch on the idiot box.

I will admit I do enjoy the melodrama and the rivalry between my Big Ten friends.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I am impressed by Brady Hoke, he was able to take another coaches recruits, adapt to a QB he probably would have never recruited as a QB and had a great year. This tells me the man can coach. While RichRod was busy running Lloyds recruits off the team Hoke worked with what he had especially on defense. Now that Hoke is getting his recruits on board we should see Uof M in the mix for B10 championships.
    Hoke's wisely made the best of what he inherited. Last I heard, Denard is eager to return next year. I suppose he'll be tested more.

After the hits the B1G received this past season, the optimist in me looks ahead hopeful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2