Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Hybrid View

Digressions R us was pretty funny. Sinatra doing Cole Porter anything is my favorite but Ella Fitzgerald doing Cole Porter is a close runner up.

Kids freezing at bus stops is not my idea of a good deal. In retrospect I may have considered home schooling for my kids. It wasn't a popular notion in my day. Besides, I like the fact my kids still talk to me. They would have been math illiterate to boot.

Ravine Guest

"...Sinatra doing Cole Porter anything is my favorite but Ella Fitzgerald doing Cole Porter is a close runner up...."

With ya. Or, Fitzgerald singing Rodgers & Hart.

Sinatra, Fitzgerald, Porter, Rodgers & Hart. Impossible to produce a bad alloy using those precious metals.

LodgeDodger Guest

Gen Y will get their bearings, as a group, realize that it's High Time for another generational revolt, and will correctly deduce that the generations of both their parents and grand-parents are hideously lame when it comes to dealing with the real world, as well as being sinfully egocentric head-cases who can barely maintain a relationship of their own, much less show emotional strength in any more complicated crisis.
    Amen, and God Bless you, my friend.

Ravine: Actually, I do prefer the music of the Greatest Generation, the Silent Generation, and the Boomers. Nothing that we Xers or the kids have made even comes close to the 1960s... but you only get a Sixties once a century.

Not exactly. I am looking at MY post and I used you instead of your...but that was a simple typo [[I think I am reading too many papers from my kids and my eyes are all wiggly)

I'm not gonna criticize......I can't even tell where you went wrong

....."You could also say that must drive you teachers up a wall"

^^^ Here? lol

Oh lord...I am going insane! Forget it, I meant you, not your. I was thinking, that must drive your teachers up a wall [[I am still talking to kids, in my head).
    Last edited by DetroitTeacher; December-15-10 at 07:34 PM.

LOL......I wasn't very good at school.You have enough children's spelling to worry about besides this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
    LOL......I wasn't very good at school.You have enough children's spelling to worry about besides this one.
    I was just playing along and trying to be cute Sometimes, taking a break [[or having a good shot of whiskey) from grading papers and having some light hearted fun is the only way I can keep sane.

...without the property owner who's sidewalk they fell on getting sued? ...

At the risk of sounding like a grammar cop....... really? WHO'S rather than WHOSE? The link below be 4 uze:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

I'm just going to stop typing stuff in a rant from now on

Quote Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
    I'm just going to stop typing stuff in a rant from now on
    Sorry to have victimized you... Wasn't trying to! I was on quite a roll due to just coming off a FaceBook volley, during which one of my nephews was ripping into anyone who misspelled or abbreviated words in their comments. It was a hoot, really it was.

OK, so it takes a sick mind to find this sort of stuff humorous... sorta like chewing aluminum foil. Truly, WTF cares how something is spelled as long as the meaning/intent of the thought is conveyed? So, keep on typing and I'll simply STFU with my pontificating.

Ravine Guest

"WHO'S rather than WHOSE"

Careful. We're about to digress even further, this time into a side-bar discussion of which Dr. Seuss books we liked, and which ones drove us crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    "WHO'S rather than WHOSE"

Careful. We're about to digress even further, this time into a side-bar discussion of which Dr. Seuss books we liked, and which ones drove us crazy

Horton heard a Whooz?

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive, who is youer than you" - Dr. Seuss

See...and he's a doctor!

Corn.Bot - keep it up, I don't pay attention to what I write all the time and it's usually full of mistakes. It's nice to have it pointed out here and there

DT....himself

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitTeacher View Post
    Horton heard a Whooz?
    Har!! Yeah, that, as well, but I was thinking of Cindy-Lou Who asleep in her bed, unaware of the Grinch executing another shameless home invasion & snatching up stuff.

And, since you brought it up, with you being a Detroit teacher, I think you should pour a big-ass slug of that whiskey and tell yourself that Beelzeravinebub made you do it. I'm quite certain that you need it, and fairly sure that you deserve it.

Ray, I think I am in love with you. Forget your wife of ?? yrs and my husband of 35 plus 4 yrs of sin.

Neighborhood schools, what a novel idea!

I think I really need this Christmas break from work...then I look at the stack of papers I have to grade and think work is a better alternative!

Corn: Magna corrected himself [[herself??) and I just went a bit further. This is all in good fun. Fun takes the edge off a bit [[and Lord knows I need it right now).

Gotcha, Mr. Magnatomicflux

"It's a mighty poor mind that can spell a word only one way."
    Andrew Jackson

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5