Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

There was just a better sense of time and space back in that era. Some young architects today want to be badasses and be the next Frank Gehry. Seems like we lost sense of what it means to create soemthing truly beautiful. Just today I read an article in the Wash. Post about how architects are building skyscrapers in China designed to last 30 years. Are we doing the same with McMansions?

If that was a photo of a modern house, we'd be looking at the garage. I simply don't understand people's ideas of a beautiful home anymore, I really don't.

I will not move into a house under 40 years old. Period. I think McMansions are ugly, and then a good chunk of contractors just don't care anymore, or take on too many jobs at once and can't/won't invest the time for quality.
    Just poop craftsmanship as far as I can tell.

Huh....ment to write "poor"...but whatever...it fits.

If you want quality, it seems like you have to import craftsmen from Europe where they still get it.