Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Taser the S.O.B.!
    With the results we have been getting with that lately he probably would have a better chance jumping

So this begs the question: How long is too long to wait for a jumper to either jump or get off the bridge? it's now 7:25pm, and the guy has been on the bridge and closing the freeway for approx 8 hours now.

7:39 pm the freeway was open when I headed west...thank God! Haha, it took me an hour to go eastbound from 696 and dequindre to St Clair Shores, around 12:30 pm.

Anyone know what happened to the Jumper?

Taken to an unnamed mental facility according to Warren PD. All's well that ends well, I guess.

Dave, you have impeccable timing. the freeway was reopened at 7:30. here's the rest of the story

http://freep.com/article/20090506/CO...Warren+reopens

DetroitDad Guest

Cry me a river, these type of people are the reason I can't walk across the Ambassador Bridge anymore. I'd show more sympathy, except they really appear to be going after media attention, and are not your typical cry for help.

Exactly why couldn't they have hit him with a tranquilizer dart gun at 11:08 this morning?

This would not stand in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by irish_mafia View Post
    Exactly why couldn't they have hit him with a tranquilizer dart gun at 11:08 this morning?
    because, if the person jumps, an attorney figures out why the city owes 2.2M.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_mafia View Post

This would not stand in Singapore
    Because he was on the outside of the fencing on the pedestrian overpass and likely would have fallen. Free Press article has a photo.

http://www.freep.com/article/2009050...Warren+reopens