Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Despicable!! Ass. att gen. of Michigan attacking college student!

This makes me so mad! I'm not homosexual. Far from it. I don't like their lifestyle but I do respect them as a human being. If they are happy being gay, I don't have a problem with them. They are most decent upstanding people in society, sometimes a little fruity, but basically they are just human beings.

But this is so low! This ass. [[how apropriate that name) attorney General of Michigan Andrew Shirvell really went over the line. This is no political campaign or even statement, This is stalking!

For nearly six months, Andrew Shirvell, an assistant attorney general for the state of Michigan, has waged an internet campaign against college student Chris Armstrong, the openly gay student assembly president at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
    Using the online moniker "Concerned Michigan Alumnus," Shirvell launched his blog in late April.
    "Welcome to 'Chris Armstrong Watch,'" Shirvell wrote in his inaugural blog post. "This is a site for concerned University of Michigan alumni, students, and others who oppose the recent election of Chris Armstrong -- a RADICAL HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVIST, RACIST, ELITIST, & LIAR -- as the new head of student government."
    Among other things, Shirvell has published blog posts that accuse Armstrong of going back on a campaign promise he made to minority students; engaging in "flagrant sexual promiscuity" with another male member of the student government; sexually seducing and influencing "a previously conservative [male] student" so much so that the student, according to Shirvell, "morphed into a proponent of the radical homosexual agenda;" hosting a gay orgy in his dorm room in October 2009; and trying to recruit incoming first year students "to join the homosexual 'lifestyle.'
    Anderson Cooper has an interview with this ......... and he exposes himself as a true bigot.
    See for yourself.

What a lowlife!

Don't you suspect he's gay himself? He's very infatuated with this student. And we've seen it happen before. Radical anti-homosexuals who turn out to be the thing they hate the most. A few examples with a quick google search:

Here.
    Here.
    Here.

And the list goes on and on.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; September-30-10 at 03:54 PM.

Mike Cox was on the show last night. Cox's response was basically, I'm outta here in three months and he's the next guy's problem.

Sounds to me like Andrew Shirvell might not exactly be secure in his orientation. Maybe this Chris Armstrong makes him pop a boner and that's why he's so pissed.

You know the type:

"Should people just be allowed to have sex with anybody? There are RULES, damn it! If there were no rules about sexuality, I'd be wolfing down every Hebrew National between here and Frisco!"

ROFLOL. Hebrew National. I love it.

The offending blog is here. Sounds like an unconstructive, divisive bastard. Scrolling through the first few posts, there is nothing meaningful here, just spite and vitriol.

Get ready for a lifetime of recusing yourself from cases, dirtbag.

I like that attitude Cox has. "Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, so I might as well quit doing the job I'm paid to do."

He is taking the position that his minion's activities are protected by the First Amendment since he is off duty when they happen. I still have questions.
    Is the website shut down during the working hours?
    Do the job assignments entail administering laws or making policies that may affect gay individuals or anything else related in the realm of law?
    Do his activities affect his credibility before the court?

I had a person say he would quit if he had to take a same sex case. Well, one came up for him, he took it, investigated it, got a great settlement. If he had refused it, I would have had to handle the disciplinary matter. That is a tough position.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; September-30-10 at 04:11 PM.

That interview is cringe-inducing. That man needs to grow up and deal with himself, and stop mixing himself up in student politics and engaging in really juvenile crap. My main question is though, who in our AG's office hired this goofball?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Sounds to me like Andrew Shirvell might not exactly be secure in his orientation. Maybe this Chris Armstrong makes him pop a boner and that's why he's so pissed.
    Ain't it always the truth with these guys who protest too much? Hate to say it, but watching the video of him just underscored that presumption.

I'm not American and I don't know what assistant Attorney General stands for.

I googled and saw that it can be said that he's a minister of justice's replacement. If this is true then how can this Houdini devide his personal views with his professional life? There could happen some very strange legal circomstances here. Not to speak of conflict of interest.

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    This makes me so mad! I'm not homosexual. Far from it. I don't like their lifestyle but I do respect them as a human being. If they are happy being gay, I don't have a problem with them. They are most decent upstanding people in society, sometimes a little fruity, but basically they are just human beings.

I know what you mean. I really dont like the lifestyle that heterosexuals lead, but I tolerate it. Even though they constantly push their kids at you like you have never seen or heard of anyone procreating before. I even respect some of them, even though they are sometimes a little fruity. I will even agree that heteros are basically human beings [[although I have my doubts about some of you).

I appreciate your anger over this issue, as it shouldn't matter what the sexual orientation of either gentleman is - stalking is stalking.

Coming from Mike Cox's office, this comes as no surprise. He hates Gay people and is still pouting that Snyder got the nod instead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post
    I know what you mean. I really dont like the lifestyle that heterosexuals lead, but I tolerate it. Even though they constantly push their kids at you like you have never seen or heard of anyone procreating before. I even respect some of them, even though they are sometimes a little fruity. I will even agree that heteros are basically human beings [[although I have my doubts about some of you).

I appreciate your anger over this issue, as it shouldn't matter what the sexual orientation of either gentleman is - stalking is stalking.

Coming from Mike Cox's office, this comes as no surprise. He hates Gay people and is still pouting that Snyder got the nod instead of him.
    Great reply!

Shirvell bears a slight resemblance to Pee Wee Herman.

What's that, Mr. Asst. Atty. Genl.? If we can keep them in Ferndale, we won't have to stop them here?
    Last edited by fryar; September-30-10 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Abbreviations get a period. See? I'm detail-oriented, hire me.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I was thinking close to the same thing. Me thinks he protests the protester too much. If Shiirvel ever gets a decent job again, employed by a firm or a company, I would be surprised. This crap will follow his career for many years. Hope the state gets him off the payroll ASAP. I may not like the politics of the other guy either. I love free speech though when it follows what I think. Don't most people? Shiirvel objecting to the student just gives more credibility to the student. Especially when you look like George Costanza.

Beyond the matter of his boorishness, the whole affair calls into question his judgment. Can we really have confidence in this guy's capacity to recuse himself when appropriate?

I think his next job will be a manager of Walmart....

...and he'll rat on you!

More like he'll peer over the bathroom stall doors just to make sure you aren't doing anything he wouldn't do.

Walmart has a zero tolerance policy which it appears is more than Mike Cox believes in.

Shirvell bears a slight resemblance to Pee Wee Herman.

You noticed that too huh?

UPDATE:
    Last Updated: October 01. 2010 1:00AM

Assistant AG suspended over gay-bashing blog
    Laura Berman / The Detroit News

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20101...#ixzz115jiMW6h

I think we should give Mike Cox a bit more credit. I don't really know his political views and with myself being relatively liberal, I would assume we oppose each other on a lot of issues, but it's not like he's the one writing the blog. Shirvell, regardless of how bigoted and immature he may be, does have a first amendment right to create such a blog. And it's Cox's job to defend that right. Cox obviously thinks the guy is an idiot and he even admitted being embarassed by the blog.

Imagine a situation where a christian conservative gets elected student council president, and a crazy left-wing gay assistant attorney general creates a blog blasting him. I'm sure Cox would have taken a similar approach.

Shirvell, regardless of how bigoted and immature he may be, does have a first amendment right to create such a blog.

Not as a public servant who is expected to be fair and impartial he doesn't.

Ravine Guest

Oh, I don't know-- truly, I don't know-- maybe, he does have that right.
    If so, however, in Ravine's Perfect World, the Bossus Maximus in the office in which he serves should have the right to show him the door.
    All of the shit going on, in this society, and some folks still get all worked up about homosexuality. Dang. It's not like some new-fangled trend that we need to nip in the bud before it gets out of hand.
    I really don't want to turn on the TV [[actually, that statement, on its own, is true 98% of the time) and see a couple of guys kissing, but that's not too much different than when a little kid doesn't really want to see a couple of adults kissing.
    I stick to my basic guideline: if nobody is being hurt, go for it.

AG Candidate demands Shirvell be fired.
    Michigan attorney general candidate David Leyton today called on his opponent to join him in demanding that Attorney General Mike Cox fire one of his assistants for “harassing and stalking” University of Michigan student body President Chris Armstrong.

The story made national news Tuesday night when CNN’s Anderson Cooper interviewed Andrew Shirvell about his hate-filled website, which calls Armstrong “Satan’s representative on the student assembly” and a “privileged pervert.”
    “It’s absolutely outrageous that Mike Cox continues to give Andrew Shirvell a generous taxpayer-funded salary, even while he cyber-stalks and intimidates a young college student,” Leyton, a Democrat, said in a press release.
    If his opponent doesn't echo this call to fire Shirvell, it could become a really interesting race for the AG. I'm sure the Teabaggers will rear their ugly head by then. Very interesting to read the replies to that article. The first one is already a bombshell.

Hahaha!! read Perez. comments are great.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; October-01-10 at 07:31 AM.

See, when speech descends to the threatening, harassing and intimidating level, and the behavior amounts to stalking, that arguably ends his right to do it. The fact that the effects continue into the work day because he doesn't take his blog off line, seems to me to be a bit worse than having a beer for lunch at Chrysler. He is polluting that young man's life 24/7 and was smugly keeping his job, which involves handling criminal appeals. Can you imagine if the poor appellant were gay? He would get triple opposition to his appeal. But, what if the appellant killed or injured a gay person? Oh, my, the problems for this AAG that would create!

PS, it is funny how his getting his JD from Ave Maria made me think, What else is new? It sure doesn't help their credibility to have him going off all crazy like this.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; October-01-10 at 07:55 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast