Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We were just conjecturing too!

Brock7,
    That is exactly the kind of research we were hoping for! Thanks for checking those directories, A hotel of that name would have been a nice find.

Personally, I'm leaning toward the "Master of Community Dental Health" per Jimaz's AcronymFinder.
    Downtown lady's ideal of an item to commemorate a graduation sounds logical.
    I too want to hear more about other markings that may be on it?

Not a visual treat like finding a location from a photo, but interesting just the same!
    I'm just hoping the owner of this item shows up soon, I sent him a link to this page.....now just waiting

Michigan Central Depot Hotel was my best guess too, and I think the lettering looks mid 19th century as well.

Possibly a gift at an important meeting in Detroit that might, another year, be held in other cities.
    Like " Michigan Chapter of H-something, D-something
    Detroit

Or maybe something from the heyday of the German Harmonie club:
    Something something Der Harmonia
    Detroit

The D might be for Deutschland, as in beer[[stein)?

I feel like a member of a pack of bloodhounds.

Does anybody here work near Dumouchelle Galleries on Jefferson across from the RenCen? If anyone knows Detroit antiques it would be them. Is anyone near them during business hours tomorrow that could just show the picture to someone there and see if it looks familiar to them? Might have more success getting a reply that way rather than emailing it to them.

Do we know this is very old, or are just assuming? The rust on it makes it appear that the stein is kind of a cheap pot metal. It is definitely not pewter or brass, and doesn't even look like silver plate [[but that could be the photo). Everyone [[except Detroitnerd, though tongue-in-cheek) seems to avoid the idea that it is Motor City C_ H_. I don't know what that C_ H_ may be but it is possible this object dates from a less distant time period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2