Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hybrid View

My grandfather loved wrestling...I have so many fond memories watching wrestling with him...his favorite was Dick the Bruiser...mine favorite was The Sheik.

Looking up Edouard Carpentier's bio, I found out Walter Killer Kowalski was a native of Windsor.
    I watched "Sur Le Matelas" or "On the Mat" here in Montreal as a youngster. Carpentier was a frenchman of russian and polish origin who fought in the french resistance and emigrated to Canada in the fifties. He initiated a lot of the high flying over the cables stuff that became very popular. He also brought André the Giant to North America in the seventies. I also had a lot of fun watching these guys do these incredible acrobatic moves. Local wrestlers here were the Rougeau brothers and Mad Dog Vachon. Chief Billy Two Rivers from the Mohawk reservation was big too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3