My wife nad I live in a low income apartment building, and last weekend we had some out-of-town friends to stay over. I decided to put some positive spin on our situation for our guests. The building is an old run down high rise and former hotel in Downtown Detroit, complete with vacant floors, unusued sub basements, a historic lobby and mezzanine, unpredictable elevators, and all sorts of strange things. Walking through this building reminds one of walking through the Titanic, both in her prime, and after she sunk, depending on the area. I did some research beforehand, and had some good ghost stories to tell. The ghost stories were followed by a ghost hunt. We traveled down the Leland's decrepit halls, and around it's elegant lobby and ballroom. It is said that the ghosts of Jimmy Hoffa, former gangsters, and depression era "roof jumpers" inhabit those hallway corridors.

Oddly, the drafts in the building actually do create sudden areas of cold sensations that come and go [[I assume that's what they were, but who really knows?). We also found an old postcard from the early days of the hotel, filled out by one of it's former guests.

Posted at: http://campusmartiuschronicle.blogsp...g-its-all.html